Where can I get flat rock/shelf rock for my 180?

MarineGirl411

I was looking for a couple of pieces of flat rock for my aquarium. I know quite a few of you have them here. Just wondering where you got them or if you know where I can obtain some? Thank you.

I wonder if it's possible to split a rock in half to end up with two pieces with a flat side. If I were to try such a thing, I think I'd start by making a groove with a Dremel all the way around and then finishing the job with a hammer and chisel. So, as ideas go, does this one stink?

Im also interested in this one.. I want a large 15" flat shelf/round rock...

I didnt find at bulk reef supply

You most likely don't want to go this route but, I was in my LFS today and they have one really nice flat shelf type piece of live rock in their LR bin, I will guess and say its about 14 or 15 inches long and about (just a guess here) 12 inches wide. Ph number 228-388-5651 Store owners name is Gerwin opens at 12 noon till 6 on Saterday 12 to 4 central time. Biloxi Mississippi 39531 Its a really nice piece. Sorry I would also say 3 to 4 inches thick.

I ordered 100 lbs from Marco and he sent me pictures of the three rocks I got. I didn't like the first three so he dug in his box until he found what I wanted.

The piece I told to about is gone, sorry. I should have bought it myself, I could kick myself for not buying it, lol.

Back