where can you get a steel stand?

joeyg4583

Does anyone know where to get a steel tank stand? Has anyone gotten a price quote on one of them? I am potentially looking for one 96 inches by 30 inches. I wanted to price them before I made my decision on a tank I am looking at.

IMO your best bet would be to track down a local welder/fabricator and get a quote from him (or her). Should only take a few hours to fab it up and weld it out to your need.

Hi, I have a friend who is a welder. Let me know if you want me to talk to them for you. They do excellent work and quick turn.

John

Racer69's brother owns a steel shop in Pueblo. Shoot him a pm and see what it will cost. A lot of it is going to be how much steel is costing right now.

How big are you looking for? My father has a welding shop in Lakewood. He built the stand for my 300 out of 1/8" wall 2"x2". You would have to get it powdercoated or painted. Let me know.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14194128#post14194128 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by joeyg4583
ok so i sent it to myself lol what a long day :rolleyes:
You got a return PM with contact info.

$200-$225 for materials and labor - I need exact measurements for an exact quote. Also what material you would want it constructed from. You'd have to get it powder-coated or painted. Mine is almost the same dimensions - I think it was about $150 to be powder-coated. But I paid a "rush fee" which I think was about $50.

That seems like a really good price. The steel stands really seem to give you so much more room under the tank.

Back