Where do you go to fill CO2 tank?

dvu

Where do you guys go to fill up your CO2 tank and how much does it normally cost for 5lb tank? I'm located in Gilbert.

Where do you guys go to fill up your CO2 tank and how much does it normally cost for 5lb tank? I'm located in Gilbert.

PRAX AIR in central phoenix. They'll either swap or fill (if you have 1/2 hour to wait). I don't remember how much it cost but it wasn't a whole lot.

Jen

I used to fill mine at tops liquor, 5 bucks. Any welding supply or beer supply place should be able to help you out. A lot of the welding places (and even some of the beer places) will require you to simply trade in your canister though, so if you have a nice new one want to double check that fact.

Tops liquor here as well thanks to some good adive :) I always call and find out when they are going to get new tanks in or when they plan to hook a new tank up so I get all that I can. They are cool people and it only takes a few minutes! No tank exchange either as I have decent aluminum tanks and do not want to get crap back.

I second Praxair. A little more $ but you get a full fill every time. I used to get the oxygen for ATR there when I was working for them. There is a location on broadway or apache and just east of the 101 in Tempe

Thanks guys for all the replys. I have an aluminum tank which I was told cost more then the steal one. So most likely I'll just have it filled then. Does Praxair offer certified inspection of the tank also?

I think in order to fill the tank they have to certify the tank. I get mine filled at Phoenix welding supply.

I ended up getting the Deltec PF501 reactor with a Milwaukee SM122 PH controller. Bought it used from another reefer getting out. Still trying to figure things out. How do you check the P.H. in the tank when the PH probe is in the reactor? Also is it safe to increase the output flow from drip to slow flow? My calcium was at 350 before and still at 350 2 days now.

I ended up getting the Deltec PF501 reactor with a Milwaukee SM122 PH controller. Bought it used from another reefer getting out. Still trying to figure things out. How do you check the P.H. in the tank when the PH probe is in the reactor? Also is it safe to increase the output flow from drip to slow flow? My calcium was at 350 before and still at 350 2 days now.

Make sure you research how to run a deltec calcium reactor, they are operated very differently from most reactors. If you want you can shoot me a pm and we can go over it.

I thought you need a second probe in the tank to measure the PH.

I've been testing it with the test kit. I know it's not accurate but it will do for now. I told my wife it should be the last thing I need to maintain the reef tank. You guys with the wife understand what I'm talking about. Till something else happens to the tank then we can bring up the next equipment needed to buy to solve it.

Skip are the deltecs similar in operation to a koralin???

No, not at all. The deltecs are made to fluidize the media with the pump to deliver a very rich effluent, and you do not restrict the output from the reactor, only the input. They also want you to set the co2 for a very rich effluent and use a timer to turn the co2 off during dark hours and to adjust for the needed amount of calcium and alk.

The negative side effect is that the pumps (at least the aquabees) tend to eat impellers like candy and it is considered a "consumable part" by the manufacturer.

I would consider the Korallin a more classic style reactor.

Back