Where is everyone adding 2 part?

ryeguyy84

I'm adding mine at the entrance to my sump but I'm getting pretty bad precipitation and some sand clumping. The glass around where it goes in is white so I must need more flow. Where is everyone else adding theirs?

In the first Chamber of my sump and it is also my skimmer section. I have no issues doing it this way. How much ate you dosing at once and how are you dosing it?

I drip mine into the bubble trap between the refugium and the return section. Are you dosing them at separate times? If you put them both in at the same time you will get more precipitation.

dripping in-between the baffles at the same time, high flow and haven't really noticed any pcpn

I'm dosing using a doser 1.1ML at a time. I dose 70ML of calcium between 11am and 9PM at a rate of 3.5ml every half hour. From 10PM to 8AM I dose the same amount of ALk.

all of my levels are okay but the sand clumping is a concern as is the white coating on my sump. I'm thinking of reducing the amount i'm adding to 60ML/day and checking to see if that changes anything. does that sound like a plan? I only try to keep my ALk at 9DKH, I just don't want to hurt anything.

Dose 30 minutes apart. Add to the last section of the refugium where the main return pump sits. Never had an issue with precipitate. I jet my from BRS and they do recomend against dosing at the same time.

I drip in the skimmer section, this section waterfalls into the next section which ensures that the additive doesnt sit on top of the water and solidify. I had this issue with dosing in the first section since the drain is below the water level the surface would never get mixed and I was seeing white build up along the glass and a thin layer of crust developing.

donkeykong that sounds like the exact situation i'm having. though I don't know whats up with the sand.

Back