Where to get a CO2 tank filled/exchanged in Iowa City?

Laura D

Premium Member
Hey there, does anyone know if there is any place in Iowa City to get CO2?

Ye olde calcium reactor has done run empty of it!

Thanks

Hopefully someone in the area can you give you a more exact place, but most pop distributors can refill them, also look for welding supply shops, they also should be able to refill it for you. Sorry, wish I could be more help.

Allen

I would think that Paintball places could do it as well... I know we have a few of those here in CR.

-JB

Scheels in Coralville fills Co2 Paintball tanks, as long as your Co2 tank has the same input as what thier output tank has you should be fine. If you're filling a larger tank you might try a fire extinguisher equipment supplier. Give Scheels a call though; (319) 625-9959

Scheels will be extremely expensive. Just go with a tank exchange from a welding shop. Quick, cheap, and you don't have to have your tank safety rated.

I can't remember what Scheels charged since I switched from Co2 to compressed air in my paintball gun.....I want to say it was $5 to fill a 20 oz bottle though.

Just out of curiosity, how often do you have to refill the CO2 bottles on a Calc reactor?

Also, assuming that you've bought the reactor, what C02 equipment do you need and how much should you expect to spend?

I don't currently have one, but given how annoying it is to try and keep alk/calc up, I definitely see one in my future.

-JB

Thx guys. I guess we will go back up to CR to exchange, was looking for something a little more convenient, but really, a tank lasts a *really* long time anyway. I can't seem to find a welding supply shop down here.

It's weired, I look up welding supply in the phone book and cedar rapids is apparently hoarding all the welding supplies!

I've had CO2 tanks filled at Hawkeye Fire before (for a kegerator, not a calc reactor - not sure if that makes a difference). That ought to be more convenient than going up to CR?

Hawkeye Fire & Safety Co
783 Highway 1 W
Iowa City, IA 52246
(319) 338-3096

Back