Where to get pump to hose connector?

tc2007

I am pulling my hair over this one. I went to home depot and other hardware store but could not find this:

My submersible pump has a 1&1/4" Male outlet with threads and my hose is 3/4" Female. I need a plastic adapter to connect the 2. Where can I get it?

get a 1.25" threaded coupling x 1.25" slip on the other end and use reducer bushings to your needs..reducer bushing with 1.25 slip on the outside and 3/4 female threads on the inside of bushing then get a barb fitting to you likings..Lowes has all you need in the small pvc pipe fitting isle..

get a 1.25" threaded coupling x 1.25" slip on the other end and use reducer bushings to your needs..reducer bushing with 1.25 slip on the outside and 3/4 female threads on the inside of bushing then get a barb fitting to you likings..Lowes has all you need in the small pvc pipe fitting isle..

Thanks I will try this.

I prefer Lowes for plumbing parts - they seem to have a better selection than HD. If you can, take the pieces you are trying to join with you - I do it all the time - just keep trying things until you get what you need. If you can find somebody there who actually knows what they are doing, they might be able to help.

Also try sprinkler fittings. Don't know if you have a Menards out there but maybe you can find at Home Depot
http://www.menards.com/main/search.html?search=sprinkler+fittings&page=2

* or look in the sharkbite plumbing fittings for plastic barb adapters at HD

Shark bites are good but the pex is thinner than vinyl tubing, so the the inside diameters are not the same for 3/4" pex and 3/4" tubing. Bring a piece of it with you to the store to test fit. I found mine at a plumbing store.

Also, only the Barb sharkbites. Even the plastic push fits have brass teeth inside.

I didnt think the male threads were garden hose type. But hope it it works for you

Well, The garden hose comes with male and female, one on each end. However since they were metal, I cut the ends, and attached a female plastic connector on one side. While the other end just goes to the tank and does not need any connector.

The part I linked above says:
1" Female Pipe Thread (FNPT) x male garden hose. Overall length 3.00"

So I hope it works :)

Try your local mom and pop hardware store if you have one. The people there will know way more about plumbing. If not you could also try a plumbing supply. Just google, you'll probably find more than you think.

the local mom and pop store will probably not have the right little pieces unless they oddly specialize in plumbing supplies. lowes is usually the best, but it can vary.

Back