where to post threads?

sassyfrassy

I have threads all over the place that I'm getting little to no response on - why? Granted I'm asking a zillion questions but I desperately want to do this right and provide the best environment I can afford for the fish, corals, etc. Although I'm reading all I can to learn as much as I can, it'd take me forever to read everything on RC to find answers to my specific questions. Should I post all my threads on "New To Hobby"?

this section is a good place to start. I do not know what your other threads were, but I know it helps if your questions are short and to the point. its harder to answer a lot of questions when all you see is a wall of text. I also try to start threads when I think a lot of people are online, this way more people can see it before it gets shuffled to another page.

New to the hobby is a good place to start, and if your questions require more expertise than can be offered here the people here are great at directing to a different forum. There are lots of members in other areas of the forum who are happy to help out someone who's new to the hobby but the nice thing about this area is that newbie questions are 'expected', so you'll often get a quicker response from someone looking to help you out.

Guess I'm a little impatient - so anxious to get everything up and started, but don't know enough and don't want to make mistakes - especially costly ones like lights. Thanks guys.

Back