where to store RO water

It should be np problem I use the Brute type 44 gallon to store mine. With RO/DI you don't even need to areate. Just keep the lid tightly sealed.

Regards,

Pat

Rubbermaid Brute are the food safe ones if it's not Brute time to replace and do keep it tightly covered. It is best to add a powerhead after it is mixed with salt not before.

Fahz

If its SW keep it aerated, and some say heated, I keep straight (unleaded) LOL, RODI in plain water jugs, I bought at wallmart.

I've been doing to trash can thing for years. Just make sure whatever you use is "food safe". I think that also means they don't put unwanted stuff in the plastic to kill mold and smell.

I use this but in a 50gal size. Works great and has a bulkhead fitting at the bottom to which I have a ball valve. It all depends how much water you make. I have used the 30 gal trash can with out a problem too.
horizontal-water-tank.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6985760#post6985760 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Serioussnaps
Oh and you should aerate. If you want to know why post and ill tell you.

I'd like to know. I have a drinking water variety RO unit without DI. Does that water need to be aerated?

You are better off storing it in a sealed container and not aerating and heating it until you add salt.

Fahz

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7080566#post7080566 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by morphriz
I'd like to know. I have a drinking water variety RO unit without DI. Does that water need to be aerated?

make sure the number in the little triangle is a 4 or 5. Those are the ok ones. The other ones have a high amount of recycled materials and it can cause a problem with the water.

As long as you store it in a clean plastic container, you are fine. Just make sure you keep it covered so no contaminants gets into the water.

I've used the Rubbermaid, but they started to sag under the weight. I had one tip over that was 1/2 full
I have (5) 55g drums that I use for RO/DI, SW & catching Rainwater

If you're using the Rubbermaid Roughneck trashcans, the thin plastic in the 30 to 40 gal. range, use them only for very short-term storage. It happened to me with the green 45 gal. After about 3 weeks of covered storage in it, the RO/DI water that went in with a 000 TDS, had a reading somewhere in the high teens. I don't know what leached but it couldn't be good.
For long term RO/DI storage you want the Rubbermaid, Brute, HDPE (High Density PolyEthelene); food grades come in white, gray and, yes, yellow. They're a bit pricey. But you can also get the wheeled dolly that attaches to the bottom of the can. I've never found it easier to move 44 gals. on my basement floor.:)
HTH, Ed

Back