Wheres my gramma?

jbird69

I finally captured my bid evil domino damsel. I traded him toward a royal gramma (Ive never had one of these) He immediately dashed for the reef and I have seen no sign of him Its been about 30 hours. Is this normal for a newly introduced gramma?
My other fish are

-1 very small, timid maroon clown.
-2 very small blue, yellowtail damsels. semi agressive
-1 spotted hawkfish, pretty non aggressive one.
-1 4" hippo tang, very docile.

I think the only fish that might give him grief is the damsels...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14216787#post14216787 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by davocean
Mine also did that on intro, and every tank swap.
He'll come out.
+1

agreed - he's settling in. with time he [she?] will pick out a "cave" to call home and hang out there, defending it with threat behavior whenever anyone happens by - swimming out, mouth open, etc. rather humorous, actually. They also like to "sleep" inverted in the cave, so don't freak thinking it's a swim bladder problem :D Great fish - you'll love the coloration, and should get along with everyone else.
Should you really have admitted to keeping a hippo in a 50gal? Look out your windows - the Tang Police are probably staking you out as we speak :O

Had minez for years. I upgraded tanks 3 weeks ago and he came out for the first time last night.

I was going to start a similar thread because my new Anthias did the same thing, put it in Tuesday and haven't seen it since. I hope it comes out soon, it's a beautiful fish. Anyone have a similar experience with Anthias?

Yeah, My gramma that I added a few weeks ago hid for 3 days inside of a rock. luckily I was able to see a glimpse of him inside through the rock otherwise i would have thought he was dead. Give it time.. He'll get hungry!

Re: Wheres my gramma?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14216726#post14216726 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jbird69

My other fish are

-1 very small, timid maroon clown.....

Don't get used to that lil fellow being timid.... won't last long ;).

Your gramma will show up soon enough. They don't like to miss any meals. For some reason, mine goes bonkers over flake food, but will only nibble on mysis, table shrimp, and cyclop-eeze.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14216787#post14216787 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by davocean
Mine also did that on intro, and every tank swap.
He'll come out.

that is normal behavior. They are somewhat reclusive. If you have caves or overhangs, it is likely he will reside there.

Back