Which APEX/Neptune Controller Will Suffice?

pbnj

Which of Neptune's APEX controllers will suffice for my needs (240g)?:

--Control timers for lights.
--Back-up shut-off if chiller drops temperature too low.
--pH monitor probe.
--Maybe control two Tunze pumps.

No need for Web access or IPhone applications.

I'm guessing the AC Jr with 2-3 EB8's will do, but what do you think?

Last edited:
ACJr will suffice. Are the TUNZEs controllable? If they are you will need the AquaSurf or a seperate controlling device for the TUNZEs (7095 or 7096). I had problems upgrading my ACJr's Firmware to use the Aquasurf.

I have seen you in the DFWMAS forum. I might be getting the Apex for Xmas so I might be selling my ACJr if I get it.

ACJr will suffice. Are the TUNZEs controllable? If they are you will need the AquaSurf or a seperate controlling device for the TUNZEs (7095 or 7096). I had problems upgrading my ACJr's Firmware to use the Aquasurf.

I have seen you in the DFWMAS forum. I might be getting the Apex for Xmas so I might be selling my ACJr if I get it.

Thank for the input, but I'm not a member of the DFWMAS forum.

The ACjr is limited to controlling 12 outlets. So, you would not be able to use 2 full DC8s (not EB8s, which are for the newer Apex series).

The Acjr is a great little controller, but is quite limited when compared to newer controllers.

By the time you bought the ACjr, DC8, AquaSurf, and the software & PC cables, you'd spend nearly the same as a nicely equipped Neptune Apex. The Apex is much more powerful & expandable product.... a much better value.

If price is not an issue get the Apex, if you olny need to be able to control a few functions then the ACjr is for you and a lot cheaper! And check for used ACjr unit great prices

Back