Which bulb? 250watt

Reefugee

If you have to purchase new bulbs, which SE MH 250watt bulbs would you pick? I am currently using XM bulbs. BRS has the following group price for bulbs.

XM 250w 20K MH SE bulb for $64
Radium 250w 20L MH SE bulb for $70

I don't have a problem going with XM again, but am open to swapping brand.

Minh

Davey,

I have IceCap ballast. It's the blue electronic one. I think the ballast are about 5 years old.

BTW - the reason why I am consider Radium is because of your post in the BRS group buy thread. I trust your opinions, but I wanted to get other opinions as well.

Minh

:lol: Gotcha! Yeah I have ran both and much prefer teh Radium. The radium is definitely brighter. Not as blue either. Even though i ran my radium on M80 ballast. So the Radium will be more blue on electronic. good luck either way i dont think you can go wrong

Mihn, I've heard great things about ZRadiums from everyone! I wish I had electronic ballasts so that I could run them as well!

Helios are the bluest bulb on the market and brighter than the XMs. BUut still like the color of the Radiums better. BUt Helios are nice

Minh,
I just replaced the Reeflux 12K with Radium 20K 250W fired by Icecap electronic ballasts. I can tell you that I never going back Reeflux again, Radium bulb from now on. you need to try it to believe bro. Good luck.

i like the color of radiums but bulb life is short.

phoenix finally came out with a SE bulb. if you like the color phoenix bulbs.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14159736#post14159736 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bluenassarius
i like the color of radiums but bulb life is short.

phoenix finally came out with a SE bulb. if you like the color phoenix bulbs.
who is selling these?

Marine depot but they are $99 a pop. The short life in Radiums 250W i find to be not true. 400W , yes but not the 250W. I know Greg Carrol has ran 250W Radiums for 18months

im currently running the XM 10k's 250watters, and im sufficiantly pleased to say the least....i think the xm's are designed for magnetic ballasts to be honest i think the ice caps over drive them a touch so they tend to be a little whiter then i expected...

also im running DE's though so im not sure if that makes any sort of difference.

Can Radiums 20k be ran on magnetic ballast? How about XM?
Hamilton boast their 20k can. just wondering because it's time for a change.

Radiums run on magnetic HQI ballasts best, I heard they're too blue on electronics
I have them on Pfo HQIs (m80) and I'm happy with them
They won't fire on regular magnetic ballast

Back