which cuke?

pyithar

hi. i'm planning on keeping a cucumber to clean my sandbed. i like the color of tiger tail cukes (Holothuria Hilla) more than regular black cukes (Holothuria Atra). i've read that the black cukes are really good at cleaning the sandbed. what about the tiger tails? are they good at cleaning the sanbed too? if not, i'd just get the black one. thank you for reading.

My Tigers do virtually nothing. I have 4-5 of them. They all seem to stay under their respective rocks and I only see a small part of them.

My black on the other hand is 12" or so, always out and dropping nice, clean poop pellets all day, every day. He is the best cuke I've ever had. My tank is 11' long though, so a 12" big black turd looking thing doesn't take up too much real estate.
But my sand bed has never been cleaner since the addition of him and my diamond goby

thank you all for the replies.

what d-man said was what i read somewhere before. that tiger tails don't work very hard. but it probably depends on the species and where they come from. now i'll just go to the store and observe both of them for a while. ( i can't ask the guy selling because i don't speak their language).

Back