Which mantis is your favorite?

Fish Monger

So I was just wondering which mantis is your favorite and why. I have never had a mantis, so all I know about their personalities is from videos that I have seen and articles that I have read. I definitely want a smasher, and I'm pretty sure I want a peacock because of their nice coloration and how interactive/outgoing they seem. At the same time, however, the smaller species seem nice due to the fact that their space requirements are so much lower. All opinions appreciated :spin3::spin3:

Odontodactylus havanensis is one of my favorites! It is like a mini very hyper peacock. They are very sensitive but i am loving mine! He is a joy.

i also have to agree with Mr. Manty.

Had her in a biocube a while back, super active, super curious and super colorful for a such a small smasher.

She was such an avid swimmer as well.
Shame she died by jumping out:( still miss her

These two great guys from what I recall were from NC. They ran a website that sold only Mantis Shrimps. They ended up closing shop and had went back to school. That was along time ago... if only they had returned selling they could collect a sh*te ton of different kinds of em. I was very sad to see them go. They had supplied Dr. Roy with his O. Jap.

How did you obtain it?

We are on the same boat. I would love another one again. However if 'you' get one i can totally help you with information and care. I learned alot from mine and help from Dr. Roy.

It feels hopeless to try to ever obtain one :(

I like zebras and peacocks. I had a huge peacock for a long time. Several others, too. My latest was tiny, maybe about an inch long.

Back