Which of the oline stores is trustworthy?

headjigger

Who out of all the millions of online stores is trustworthy?
I am looking for all experiences.
Who has the best, most consistent service, best prices, sales, shipping, customer service, quality?

Livestock
Liverock
All other supplies.

Share your experiences here with all of ORCA

headjigger

I like MarineDepot and Drsfosterandsmith for dry goods. I also sometimes order from thatpetplace for dry goods.

Live Rock- Drsfosterandsmith

cristhiam

I sencond Drsfosterandsmith for both live and dry goods, excellent customer service and 14 day warranty on live stock.

loosbrew

ive always used premium aqautics for most of my drygoods, with exception to what they dont have. then id use marinedepot.

habit by now :)

cschweitzer

What are you looking for?

Salt, heavier items, etc:
Dr. F&S...they have a flat rate shipping and cheap prices to start. With that much weight, shipping is usually off the chart.

Lighting:
hellolights...no oversized charges on things marinedepot charges extra for(reflectors, bulbs, etc) MD is great for having no shipping charge, but get a 36" vho reflector and its $6 oversized charge, 48" is $15 oversized charge. Got items cheaper and larger quantities for less shipping after the extra charges.

Other equipment:
Just find the best priced place from a couple search engines...if it's products that can't really be screwed up and as long as a company stands behind guarantees of arrivals

Livestock:
Oh, so many choices. Here are some I've ordered from and my experience so far.

Extremecorals...my latest shipment. The item did not survive within their guarantee(I think it's 10 day). They credited me even before the whole colony became toasted. All they asked for was a picture. Great products, stands behind their word...a little pricey, but worth it.

That pet place...Good cleaner prices, quality products.

Makin waves...Great customer service. Some of their products are priced better than I can find anywhere else. Purchased fragile, known animals to be poor shippers from them and most survivied the 2-day shipping(have since changed from DHL...bad shippers). They actually have to replace a couple DOA's for me, so if anyone needs anything from them also, I can get it, but it may be a while until I get those items.

I've heard good things about a lot of other online companies and have used a bunch of others for certain items as I needed them. I may come up with more that I can remember later and will try to add to the list

macawmagic

In Memoriam
I'll agree with Drsfostersmith...I just ordered something through them that I couldn't get for that cheap plus shipping anywhere around here...came in a nice box with no damage at all. Deff will order from them again if the time comes.

damac20

I have ordered tons of stuff from marine depot (dry goods anyway). I have been really happy with www.reefermadness.us The corals and clams I have ordered have all come in healthy and all are still alive and thriving months later. The colors are just as they look on the website too. Plus they have sent 2 free frags with every order I have ever gotten. I check the site everyday for new corals. They seem to ad stuff every few days or so.

cschweitzer

Last order from Drs. F&S:
4 160G buckets of RC salt(on sale for just over $30 each)
2 bottles of Selcon
Shipping was like 13.99 or somethin absurd like that. The salt was sitting on my porch three days later, the Selcon was in my mailbox one day after this...

DJChesnutRabbit

We've got all kinds of stuff from DRs F & S. I just recently bought 2 diffrent lighting setups from hellolights.com. I have no complaints with either place.

sytanek

Rabbit did you have to pay an oversize charge for hellolights? For the teklight T5's it shows a 29$ oversize charge. :(

flfirefighter13

foster and smith for drygoods, theyve always been good to me. Riptides reef for corals, great stuff and nearby, less chance of shipping takeing forever and killing critters

DJChesnutRabbit

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9296808#post9296808 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sytanek
Rabbit did you have to pay an oversize charge for hellolights? For the teklight T5's it shows a 29$ oversize charge. :(

I bought my 250w pendant setup (which was 22 pounds) and a coralife mini light. I payed $50 2nd day air for both, that was it.