Which one should stay I am so torn

I'll re home your Anthias NP! Being serious though, I don't have much experience with Angelfish, but if you get rid of the Angelfish, won't that leave you open for more options as far as fish go?

I had to get rid of my koran angel because he started nibbling on my coral. It was tough but the entire tank is happier without him.

The angel is a peacefull fish and reef safe. Its part of a mated pair. However the female angel does not bother the anthias. I love both fish but one has got to go.

This is a pic of the Female Swallotail angel

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+18+341&pcatid=341

I'll re home your Anthias NP! Being serious though, I don't have much experience with Angelfish, but if you get rid of the Angelfish, won't that leave you open for more options as far as fish go?

Does the anthias swim throughout the tank? The ones I've seen only swim in a very small area. If so, I'd keep the fish that swims everywhere. I almost bought a blotched anthias this weekend because it was only $70, but decided not to since I've never really seen it swim throughout the tank. It's a very pretty fish.

Keep the mated pair and get rid of the Anthias.

The blotchy anthias is very neat looking, but behavior-wise, I'd take the angels any day.

One question..how long have the two been in the tank together? Is it possibly a case of them getting used to eachother and establishing territory..

Second question..aren't the Anthias generally kept in groups? Maybe if there were let's say 3 of them things would settle down?

tough choice. . .

tough choice. . .

Hello,

I'd have to second this:

The blotchy anthias is very neat looking, but behavior-wise, I'd take the angels any day.
I have to admit, though, I am a big angel fan--especially if a mated pair is involved.

Good luck with your decision. . . .:worried:

One question..how long have the two been in the tank together? Is it possibly a case of them getting used to eachother and establishing territory..

Second question..aren't the Anthias generally kept in groups? Maybe if there were let's say 3 of them things would settle down?

They have been together about a week. However the last 4 or 5 days the angel has pusehed the anthias into the rocks. The fish is so stressted he wont even come out to eat. Its questionable if the anthais will tolerate other anthais.

I decided to move the anthias to anoter tank for now. He is in a safe place and I am going to see if I can get him to eat. I am going to try live brine to entice him to eat. Man I had alot of fun catching that anthias. I had to drain my 120gallon tank and move alot of rock but I finally got him. If anyone else has any suggestions on how to get him to eat please let me know.

Back