Which one would you do?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15316087#post15316087 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Reefer08
I have a large lumenbright with T5's on my 70g and I wish I had ATI PM.

GO With the ATI Powermodule, you wont be dissapointed!! Go for 8 bulb if you can afford it.

Would that be overkill?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15313464#post15313464 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stony_corals
The 6 bulb Solar Flare will best the 6 bulb ATI PM... The Solar Flare will have noiser fans though, and slightly more heat coming from the fixture (but I wouldn't worry about that). I've owned them both....

So just curious how does the solar flare win there?

They are both 6 bulb 54w.
ATI is quieter.
ATI is cooler.
They both have individual reflectors do they not?
The bulb is going to make the par and a cooler bulb is more effiecent.

You said the downsides to the one you said was better but didnt say the good. So whats your deciding factor?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15321684#post15321684 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by demonboy369
So just curious how does the solar flare win there?

They are both 6 bulb 54w.
ATI is quieter.
ATI is cooler.
They both have individual reflectors do they not?
The bulb is going to make the par and a cooler bulb is more effiecent.

You said the downsides to the one you said was better but didnt say the good. So whats your deciding factor?

The solar flare has over driven bulbs.

Unless you didnt list the ati sunpower for a particular reason, I would go for that, its same as the power module performance wise and alot lighter and cheaper, the pm is styled a little different and heavy stainless steel, the sunpower is aluminum. I have one and it looks great.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15321724#post15321724 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rs1831
The solar flare has over driven bulbs.

Ok thanks for the response.

I would personally rather have the cooler, longer lifed bulbs than overdriven. But thats a personal opinion, not an expert opinion lol.

But I can see your point there though.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15321824#post15321824 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dan223
Unless you didnt list the ati sunpower for a particular reason, I would go for that, its same as the power module performance wise and alot lighter and cheaper, the pm is styled a little different and heavy stainless steel, the sunpower is aluminum. I have one and it looks great.

Thanks for the suggestion...they work exactly the same?

same ballast, same reflectors, I heard they maybe slightly shorter. Different cases, and less fans, the 6 bulb has 2 fans, the fixture is ported so that each individual bulb is cooled and the fan speed can be adjusted so the cooling still works fine. There are prices somewhere in the reefgeek sponsor forum. I believe my 6X54 fixture with bulbs shield and hanging kit was $620 +30 shipping ish.

If you see a powermodule tank in person you'll think that Metal halide tanks look DIM. Metal halide has too much shadowing. ATI powermodule is bright. Its also half the electricity of your option 1.

Ive owned both T5 and MH setups. I prefer the color of T5 over the MH and on small tanks the T5 power consumption and lack of heat as compared to MH is much better bargain. I personally use MH on my tank now but that is because bulb cost to replace bulbs would have been astronomical on the tank if I had went T5.

Go with the ATI for a 75.....

my two cents.

I have the aquatinics solar flare and have been nothing but pleased with it. I will say over a 90G it puts out a lot of light, almost too much. Let me say I can put any light loving coral any where in my tank. As for noise, I guess it would depend on what you consider loud. I don't think it is that loud, but my tank is in the basement not the living room.

Back