Which RO/DI to get ?

Asa2r

Hello all,

Please help which RO/DI to get ?

Coral Vue 100 GPD RO DI with controller and booster pump or

Vertex Deluxe Puratek 4-stage RO/DI System (100GPD)

BRS has wonderful systems and very competitively priced. Mine has been going strong for 2 years and I don't have a single complaint.

Any of the units form any of the major sponsors work very well, and have the most ideal filters for our tanks.

My favs are:
Buckeye Field Supply
BulkReef Supply
The Filter Guys

BRS! I got mine this week and I was amazed at how much TDS my water had after the RO! 17-19 PPM which is great tasting drinking water. 0 out of the DI! 75gpd system is what I got and it did close to 90 in 24 HRS after I ran the water for the suggested hour.

Thanks to everyone so far.

I'll need a booster pump and also it should be compact, water waste and price are not an issue in this case.

Does anyone have experience with both units and may be able to provide a good comparison.

BRS is definitely the way to go they have a system for everybody. If price isn't an issue then you can get their top of the line model.

I would recommend the "Plus" models from BRS. The pressure gauge, flush kit and TDS meter are must-haves.

MAXCAP from SpectraPure. the 90 GPD unit is awesome and only costs about $300 for a nice fully equipped machine!

Brs is the way to go. They include many extra parts like the pressure gauge an inline tds that nobody else does for the same cost. Well built unit at a great price.

Brs is the way to go. They include many extra parts like the pressure gauge an inline tds that nobody else does for the same cost. Well built unit at a great price.

Spectrapure includes a pressure gauge and two tds meters. Better quality too.

Thanks to everyone so far.

I'll need a booster pump and also it should be compact, water waste and price are not an issue in this case.

Price isn't an issue?

http://spectrapure.com/AQUARIUM/RO-DI-SYSTEMS/Ultra-High-Efficiency/MaxCap-Ultra-High-Efficiency-200-GPD-RO-DI-System

Sure it's more expensive than some people's tanks, and I know waste water wasn't a concern, but think of it this way. With a waste water ratio of 4:1 you are sending 5 gallons through your prefilters and membrane to get 1 gallon of product water. With the 1:1 ratio on this unit you only send 2 gallons through the prefilters and membrane to make 1 gallon of product water. That means your prefilters and membrane will last you over twice as long compared to a standard RO/DI unit. Yes, you will probably have to use it for 10 years before seeing any return on investment, but you're in it for the long haul, right? Not to mention, 200gpd is awesome. You'll be able to fill up a 50g drum in 6 hours! It's like the Ferrari of RO/DI systems.

Back