Which T5 bulbs to get?

chinoxl3

Premium Member
People from the land of FMAS, I come in peace! :rollface:

I am planning to buy T5 lights for my 90 gallon tank. I already have 2X250W XM 20K lights and would like to add a little more color. I was looking at Hellolights and I was wondering which one would give me the best color. Should I go with 10K or go Actinic? Since I already have 20K MH, I dont know if this will be too blue.

What you guys think?

http://www.hellolights.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1369

hmmm...i dont know, the 20k mh is pretty blue. i dont think you'll need more blue. i would try to buy the bulbs locally so that you can return them if its too much blue or vice versa. I use only T5's on my tank and i only have two 10k, the other four are all actinics.

how many bulbs are you looking for? i may have them in my used stock so you could try it out and see.

Im thinking of getting two lamps but I dont have the ballast yet so I cant try out the bulbs. Thanks anyway reefahoy.

Super Actinic, I bet those make the colors stand out which is what I'm looking for. What setup do you have dobly?

My light setup

My light setup

I am currently using 2 - 250w Reeflux 12K, 4 - 55w T5 2 UVL Super Actinic, One Gassman Actinic + and One Gassaman Actinic

When the MH are off, the tank is very nice. I had the UVL 75/25 installed, but I am letting Reefahoy use it to see if he likes it.

In about 3 months I am going completely T5. My buddy Reefahoy system provide to me that T5 can give great color. I am also changing due to FPL will steal 9% more on power this year.

I am tired of paying the high electric bill. I want to transfer more of my money to traveling and maybe a coral or two.

photo

You can click on the picture to see my photo album.

Beautiful tank dobly but aren't MH's better than T5's? I dont know anyone who uses T5 only to grow SPS's.

Back