Which test kits do you recommend?

Danzig

Getting back in, i basically need everything, refractometer, test kits for phosphorus, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, calc, ph, and whatever else. What do you all recommend, and most importantly WHY! Its been almost a decade since i had a tank and i know a lot has changed so i really just want to hear from experienced reefers. Thanks in advanced.

Salinity - Hanna digital
Alkalinity - API (not impressed with Hanna, got one and checked it against a freinds withthe smae sample of water, got 4 different results with .9 dKH between higest and lowest. RAPI has twice the sensitivity of the meq/l scale used by researchers.)
pH - API
Ammonia - Salifert (but I rarely use it)
Nitrite - haven't tested for nitrite in at least 15 years.
Nitrate - Red Sea low range, Nyos standard range.
Magnesium - Red Sea
PO4 - Elos

These are the test kits I've found to be easy to use and "fairly" accurate. To help determine which test kits to use you should get with other aquarists and actually try them to see hwat you find easiest to use. Always use a grain of salt when using test kits. Reagents can age or be outright bad from the manufacturer and water may not be homogenous so two tests from different places might not test the same.

I use salifert for everything. Easy to use, repeatable results, good price. What's not to like???

I have been using Red Sea test kit for Ca, Alk and Mg and like it. I have used salifert as well but I think Red Sea vials etc are better quality. The customer service is great as well.

Back