Which Wrasse?

emk09

In Memoriam
Ive narrowed it down to three wrasses which i want for my last fish... keep in mind i would like to add them as a pair or possibly a trio (1 Male and 2 Females)

current tank: 65 gallon reef ready tank with 20 gallon sump and protein skimmer. Bicolor Angel, 2 black percs, 1 maroon clown, 1 green mandarin. the maroon clown will be getting a new home before i add these wrasses to my tank.

Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse

Scott's Fairy Wrasse

McCosker's Flasher Wrasse

which of these three should i add to my tank... and would it be possible to get them in a pair or possibly the trio... thoughts comments? thank you :)

I'm a sucker for the Carpenters.

LiveAquaria's Divers Den has been selling quite a few wrasse pairs lately, if you haven't signed up for their email updates, I'd suggest you do so. Be ready to pull the trigger when you see the fish you want, they sell quick.

I had a Carpenter's for about 2 years. He was shy, but very dramatic when he was out trying to impress the clowns. If you have aggressive fish he will just hide to the point of starving.
I think my next fish will be a Scott's. Expensive, but bigger and hopefully less shy. R

thanks for the input guys... although just to throw it out there... do you think it would be possible to house 1 male and two females of any of these in the current tank i have.. that would give me 7 fish in a 65... or should i just go with 1 male and 1 female

Probably something you know already but just to be safe, is your tank covered?...I lost a scott's last year as a jumper. Good luck!!

the tank isnt covered currently but it will be... i have two glass plates waiting in my basement to cover it... thanks for the input :)

i wouldnt think so as long as you have a large enough tank that the wrase can stay out of the grammas territory

I have a wild caught Australian Scott's pair in my 75. They are beautiful. Not easy to come by and be prepared to pay for them if they were caught as a pair. They are very active and the males colors are just a bright as the day I got him thanks to having his girl by his side to impress. They make up 2 of the six fish in my 75. All the fish are smaller (clowns, goby) so my bioload is actually very light.

Back