Who can eat SPS?

I am thinking about buying night-vision webcam and connecting it to the computer and record everything during the night.

What do you think?

Here is the pic

2v1k7xt.jpg

Red areas show the flesh. And green shows how the coral shape looks before.

I think it's a clown. That is making it's own territory

Watch "Clown fish attacking corals part 1 of 2" on YouTube
Clown fish attacking corals part 1 of 2:
http://youtu.be/cdtI7Mgp8zM

Yes my clowns can move the rocks.
But I am not sure about eating the corals.

Actually I had big palolo in one of my past tanks - palolo like stealing small frags.

But why crab should steal the frag on the plug?

The clown may not be trying to eat it, just move it, the tip of the corals are easy to break, again, it could still be a crab or your clown the only way to know for sure is catch them in action, :)

The clown may not be trying to eat it, just move it, the tip of the corals are easy to break, again, it could still be a crab or your clown the only way to know for sure is catch them in action, :)

Yeah that can be anything even palolo :)

This is why I am thinking about installing night vision webcam and record the night.

Before we make the cute clown the villan. How's your water parameters? Any high alk in the last couple weeks? No positive just trying to rule out another possibility?

Before we make the cute clown the villan. How's your water parameters? Any high alk in the last couple weeks? No positive just trying to rule out another possibility?

I've not added anything in the water. Except routine water changes 10 gal a week.
The frag shown at the picture was healthy growing pretty quickly.
This is really visible that part of the coral is just disappears.
I can see the difference before lights goes off and morning.

I think this is a crab. How to catch that crab?
Will crab trap work on sps eater? Maybe I should put sps in the trap? :angryfire:

I've catched that crab!
I saw it's crawling over the rock during the night.
So I act very quickly. I've removed the rock from the water.
Dettached the corals and pour rodi water into the rock.

It was red hairy crab around size of two quarter coins.

Back