who do you think killed my 2 blue leg hermits? blue coral banded shrimp, tiger pistol

If the hermits weren't tiny, I'd have to not suspect the blue coral banded since they're tiny LOL. The one I had hid from everyone.

the hermits were medium sized blue legs. not the tiniest babies and not the biggest fully grown sized either. the coral banded would snap at anything that came too close. at night he would roam the tank. the emerald never bothered anyone but he would chase off anyone to get pellets. and the pistol would snap at anything that came to close to his hole.

I would suspect the tiger pistol. They get large enough to do damage to others. Or maybe they just both had a bad molt or were in bad health? Are you sure they're dead and you're not just seeing the molts. Many questions LOL.

well. one went missing a week ago and now the others been missing for a few days. i have two in another one of my tanks from the same store, same tank and they are doing awesome.

Parameters? I think they can hold their own when it comes down to battle. Maybe it was a bad batch... (2)

Sometimes they're just not the hardiest animals. Is it a small tank? Not enough to eat? Only 2 hermits i wouldnt worry at all unless you lose anything that's over .59 cents. Try 2 more see what happends.

I have a red coral banded shrimp but he has molted about 4 times since Ive had him so he is pretty big fella but I did see him eating one of my blue leg hermit crabs right out of his shell when I briefly turned my lights back on one night to fix a live rock that had fallen .....he was going to town....

Back