who else is dosing 2 part?

yeah, that's where i got my first two batches, but i dont want to keep mooching...do you know where he gets his stuff? i could split the next with him or something...

what do you use? that? :)

I use a weak kalkwasser solution made with food grade lime (Mississippi Lime Company's) plus a calcium reactor.

I think Beaslbob gets his stuff from various places. He was still offering free 2 part stuff at yesterday's club meeting.

Tomoko

We use bulkreefsupply but usually buy it from them through that auction site. Beaslbob was nice enough to give use some calcium cloride at the meeting. Thanks Beaslbob!!!

Jack

Brentagg in madison is a chemical supply place.. They sell both calcium chloride and maginesum chloride, they also sell maginesum sulfate if you wont large portisions of it. I don't remember prices. I bought 2 50Lbs bags of calcium Chloride and 2 bags maginesum chloride. I'm like tomoko though I use CA reactors and I also use Kalk reactors. I just use the 2part for adjustments, or like now I've had my reactors offline for past month or so since I'm moving tank.

My Mississippi Lime Company's lime is food grade calcium hydroxide (I buy it in a bulk from Bentagg, too.) It adds both calcium and alkalinity to salt water in a balanced manner.
Calcium reactor does the same thing. I use lime water to raise the pH that Calcium reactor tends to depress with the addition of CO2. They really complement each other well. They also lend itself well to automation. However, 2 part solution method works well, and I believe you can automate it well with Litermeter III system or something like that.

I use Magnesium chloride (Magflake) and Epsom salt every now and then to increase the magnesium level to keep the calcium level stable. I got my first batch of Magflake from Beaslbob and I bought some from Bulk Reef Supply later as well.

Tomoko

Back