Who has taken vacation time off work for your tank?

Here is a weird story. I took 9/11 off for my tank when my live rock was supposed to come in. Let's just say my tank didn't seem to important that day.:(

When I've put in way more hours than I get paid for, it's nice to take a comp afternoon off and browse the LFS's and do maintenance on the tank.

I definitely took time off when I moved/upgraded tanks in the new condo.

I've taken a few days/half days off for big projects or for receiving/acclimating/observing new fish/coral from an online store and such.

Perfectly normal I think. Some people take days off to go to a sports game, to do other hobbies, or to take care of house maintenance etc. This is what I do with my time off, it's my hobby. :)

It all depends on your employer and your personal situation whether it's really a good idea or not, I think. As long as you're being responsible with your time off and not taking off your last sick day for the year to clean the tank glass or something, it seems like a perfectly reasonable way to spend vacation time if you ask me.

yes, actually taking some time rigth now to work on my big tank, small budget build.
Sand, stain, sand, stain more, poly....i hate this part.

just an fyi your dont have to sand beween stain coats,..... unless you just want it darker but even then dont sand and just put another coat on it, sanding stain is counterproductive, you are taking stain off and then putting more on.

Back