who is happy with red sea nopox?

300g FO tank... Was using 36 ml/day and got Nitrates down to 5-10 ppm; phosphates stayed high > 1.0ppm. Typical light haze in water from bacteria as with most of the bacterial methods.
Also used BRS bio pellets and had better success with low nitrates and phosphates. Still light haze in tank.

Have given up on bacteria methods due to water clarity issue... have a large Super Reef Octopus 5000 Int skimmer working well, but same.

At this point, I do alot of water changing.

I use 1 ml per 25 gals as instructed and it works great. Nitrates = 0

I have about 175 gals, so I dose 7 ml per day.

I have been using for about six months and I am on my second 1 liter bottle. I use my old API test vials and caps to make up two weeks of daily doses and just dump one in my basement sump each night when I check the system.

i use it for 2 weeks and lookslike working really good.. i start at full dose and i notice base TN on some corals, seems like taking nutrints out fast so i lower by half..
if you dont have much nutrients i would start at half recomended dosege

I use 1 ml per 25 gals as instructed and it works great. Nitrates = 0

I have about 175 gals, so I dose 7 ml per day.

I have been using for about six months and I am on my second 1 liter bottle. I use my old API test vials and caps to make up two weeks of daily doses and just dump one in my basement sump each night when I check the system.

do you also use gfo?

do you also use gfo?

Nope, took my GFO reactor out and just running carbon and dosing NO3PO4X.

I would just go with the maint dose of 1 ml per 25 gals and give it some time to work, as much as 60 days. Nothing good happens in a hurry. Slow reduction is better for the inhabitants. Your NO3 will drop quickly. The PO4 is a longer term reduction from regular dosing.

A liter bottle for about $25 lasts me about 5 months (140 doses), so I think it's pretty cost effective compared to what I was spending on GFO.

You must have an effective skimmer for it to work properly, I use an SRO 3000.

Back