who knows where to buy a pet octopus

Coral Oasis in Costa Mesa had a few. They have had them for at least a couple months too. Those guys are escape artists though...

lol the first store i went to was aquaticoutlet. They used to sell a bunch of liverock, which is the only reason I would go back. They stopped selling liverock from those huge bins though.

They recommended/sold me a blue tang and a scooter blenny when I had my 20 gallon.

I saw one at Strictly Fish before. Maybe they can order one for you. Liveaquaria.com has them listed online.

I've seen one last week I was about to buy. My brother said it was very very poisonist. So I didn't buy it. It had little blue round circles on it. Looked opretty cool. Too bad it will kill me

I've seen one last week I was about to buy. My brother said it was very very poisonist. So I didn't buy it. It had little blue round circles on it. Looked opretty cool. Too bad it will kill me

Good thing you didn't buy it.

From Wikipedia...

The blue-ringed octopus is 12 to 20 cm (5 to 8 inches), but its venom is powerful enough to kill humans. There is no blue-ringed octopus antivenom available.

The octopus produces venom that contains tetrodotoxin, 5-hydroxytryptamine, hyaluronidase, tyramine, histamine, tryptamine, octopamine, taurine, acetylcholine, and dopamine. The major neurotoxin component of blue-ringed octopus venom was originally known as maculotoxin but was later found to be identical to tetrodotoxin,[4] a neurotoxin which is also found in pufferfish that is 10,000 times more toxic than cyanide.[5] Tetrodotoxin blocks sodium channels, causing motor paralysis and respiratory arrest within minutes of exposure, leading to cardiac arrest due to a lack of oxygen. The toxin is produced by bacteria in the salivary glands of the octopus.[6]

Ya, I have to agree that you should not own one of these. Very dangerous and not likely to live long term in an aquarium.

thanks alot ViPeR_930 i purchased one NOT a blue ring there so deadly lol, and i'm used a 40 reptile tank the one with slide on cover. and i know that there captivity life is around 2 years but if you think about it its a long time

Back