Whos got a flame angel in their sps tank?

my first flame never touched anything....then he touched the carpet....had clams

have my second one now, and never touched anything.....keep them fed should be good...

I don't think that has anything to do with it. Because when I had mine I was pretty fresh in the hobby and totally overfed the whole tank. So I don't think keeping them well fed is the answer. I think some just pick and some don't. But having lost several hundred in corals from 1 I don't think I will ever do it again. Its a shame because I really like them and Lemonpeel's.

I had one for like a week then he started to pick at my trachyphyllia to the point it looked terrible. He was out of that tank so fast....

I had a pair. The female nip at SPS but not bad. The male never touched anything.

I have one in the sump now(anybody want it?), that I caught with an empty 2 liter soda bottle fish trap. He nipped at everything from dawn to dusk. He never hurt anything, just kept the polyps from extending.

It's funny, this comes up all the time, if you have one that "doesnot" nip try removing it and watch the difference to your coral polyps.

I have one in the sump now(anybody want it?), that I caught with an empty 2 liter soda bottle fish trap. He nipped at everything from dawn to dusk. He never hurt anything, just kept the polyps from extending.

Do you have a picture of your fish trap?
I have 2 trouble makers need to be removed from my tank :mad2:

Yeah, I too find it funny that all these people say "my angel never nips." When you remove the angel that never nips, you won't believe how much different your SPS look. I had a coral beauty for over a year, NEVER saw him nip a thing, took him out and I never thought I could have such PE.

ive tried many angels over the years but they all seemd to nip at something. my flame would pound my montis like it was the best eats ever! now im angel free.....never again.
lovely fish though!

I have one for 2 years now, never see him nip but my sps tips is constantly bitten off? and it can't be the tangs or clown or 6 lines wrasse?

Back