Who's your pick to win the superbowl?

Statistically Pitt has the "best" defense... But Id rather face that defense any day of the week over the Ravens or Eagles defense.

Now, I have to declare I am a life-long Steelers fan from a multi-generation Pittsburgh family but are you serious? I'll admit the Eagles defense has been very good, especially shutting down Adrian Peterson in the first game, and that Baltimore is an incredible defensive unit but wanting to play either of these over the Steelers defense run by Dick LeBaeu? I'm not saying it would 100% surprise me if Baltimore won this weekend. The Steelers still have a problem with consistency (damn Tennessee fiasco). But, if I were a betting man I'd be hard pressed to put my money on any defense before the Steelers. Offense...well....I'll shut up now. (The McNabb/Westbrook combination has always amazed me.)

Dont get me wrong Dyngoe... Id take any of the 3 defenses lol. The only weakness Pitt has is Parker doesnt do much against solid defenses. And Ben will turn the ball over if pressured. Baltimores offense is always just stagnant it seems like. Arizona has no defense (I dont care about the carolina win, that was more delhommes bad play, than their good play). Philly is the most well rounded team. Im obviously biased since Ive been an Eagles fan since I was 8 years old or so.

Warner is going to be blitzed, hes going to get hit, and hes going to turn it over, like he always does against us. It should be a blow out... That Pitt and Baltimore game, on the other hand, should be a great one. I wouldnt be surprised if it was around 13-10, with Baltimore winning.

Cardinals vs Eagles = Cardinals (sorry Lapsan). Rooting for them since they somewhat reminded me of "The greatest show on turf", with the exception of better defense. If Arizona has to play in Eagles home, I will vote for Eagles. For some reason, the West Cost teams always suffer playing in the East/Midwest cost due to weather (look at SD).

Ravens vs Steelers = Steelers. This one is a tough choice for me since I like both teams. Steelers have beaten them twice this season, so they must be doing something right.

Cardinals vs Steelers = Cardinals. As much as I like Steelers, I am rooting for the veterans (Warner, etc.). Plus the have never win a Superbowl.

When I listened to the radio this morning, it's funny that they mentioned this playoff to be the record where they have the most BIRD teams (Eagles, Cardinals, Ravens).=)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14139596#post14139596 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dyngoe
I'm going with the Steelers and Cardinals with the Steelers winning the Super Bowl.

Now I'm wishing I was wrong about the Cardinals. I am not looking forward to Townsend trying to cover Fitzgerald. ;)

GO STEELERS!!

And, prayers go out to Willis McGahee. Sounds like he should be fine, let's hope it's true.

Kurt would make history if he win a Superbowl for AZ. He won one with a STL Rams, now he will try to win one for the other STL team. Like I have said before, I like a new team to win. Go Cards!!!

Was watching both games in Tahoe (at least partially) and man that Raven's Steeler game there were two penalties that IMO could have swung the pendulum the other way.

First that personal foul on the punter was the most RETARDED call ever, its one of those calls that would fast track a vote on instant replay on penalties if there was one on the table. While the Steelers didn't score on that one, the Ravens could have had one more shot at the end zone or a FG.

The second, which was a perfectly fine call, the Raven guy who tossed the Steeler out of bounds on the kick return needs to have the whole team kick him in the nuts, because if the Ravens kept the return (around the 40 IIRC) then maybe the QB doesn't go for the deep pass, and Palomalau doesn't run one back.

All shoulda/coulda/woulda things yeah, but those two penalties (one bad, one good) probably changed the game.

Back