Why are PPE's so $$$

Well I do need to make a change. I made a typo on the $20. Ive seen them on here for $40 a few times and as far as high demand it seems like everytime i check the for sale section theres always a few frags for sale... and don't get me wrong. these are beatuiful zoo's and i would gladly pay that much for them. :) I want someone to post a BIG colony of these bad boys.

I must be the exception here. I started with 7 polyps in a trade in may of '08, and now have or have traded over 40 polyps. Geuss I must be doing something right!:D

A person in florida that originally had them, whom passed them around I believe had a picture online of hundereds of them. It was a site to be seen...

I've seen them a few times. A local store owner here, who has a very reputable online Zoanthid biz, was telling me that he just thinks it's because of their growth rate.

I'm not sure though, because I have heard of people who have PPE's reproduce just as fast as other Zoas.

Personally, I think people are just paying for the name. They don't seem to be that rare.

are they true PPEs with lineage? or are they like every other coral and if it looks like ppes so they are called ppes. ones with lineage grow extremely slow.

Sorry but lineage is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. It really makes me sick to hear that. Yeah mine have lineage to God, the one who made them, not to some retard that decided I can get people to pay more for them because they were in their tank.LOL

Really though how do you get lineage from something that comes from the ocean?

The first person who had them those are original. Not ones who come out 2 years later. Those are not original PPES. That's why I brought up lineage. are we talking about TRUE PPES or anything that looks like them?

LMAO That is sooo funny. So you say that who ever took them out of the ocean first has true ones? LMAO I better go and get some true dragon eyes out of the ocean then I'll have lineage to me everyone can pay me a butt load of money to have something just because I said it was special. No matter what you call a turd or how you polish it it's still a turd. So say Joe blow got them first then I go and get the same thing form the same spot but he had them first so now they're not as good.

I'm not trying to be a jerk to you, but this lineage thing is just down right stupid!! I have never heard of something more dumb. Do you want papers with your coral now.LOL I have PPE adn I could care less about any lineage. Even if they were sold to me with lineage I would totaly blow it off. That is just nuts.

And come out? What do you mean come out? They're not manufactered they're a part of a nature and grow.

Well your doing a good job of being one! The OP wanted to know why they were expensive. Some say they grow fast some say slow. The originals(lineage) that started the PPE craze grow slow. That's all I'm saying. Just because they look similar doesn't mean they are. I look like my brother and we are similar, but we don't both have the same name. We can argue all day but its pointless so let's get back on track. Why are PPES so much $$$?

Maybe they are the same but after fragging so much there getting more adapeted to the aquarium life and getting better care and vits than in nature? so everyone could be right :) just my $.02 but it kint of makes since.

I think its just for for the name...Just like clothes, I use to work at Abercrombie and Fitch and people would pay 75 dollars for a pair of jeans just because of the name when you can get the same exact ones without the name at Walmart for 10 bucks just my thought on it.

So...these are not "the real thing"? and that is why they grow well for me?

66420PPE-med.jpg

I got my original ones from Reef Envy in Florida, $40 a head a year ago, purchased 2 heads, now have 18 heads, not to shabby, and they are real nice, moderate flow, lower portion of tank, and they eat what passes by them, i always see them closing up on something tasty.

Back