Why dont I see any of these sps corals anymore?

EleganceMan

I used to see a ton of RED acro's for sale on liveaquaria and in the last two years, nothing! Also I have never even seen one in anyones tank either....anyone have one of these, or now where i can buy one!!!

Looks like a ORA frogskin coral but light red with darker red tips.

Sorry for the bad description...but like i said i dont see them anymore so thats the best i can do.

the only ones I can think of are the red planets they were selling....I know there are a couple of species of red acros out there..the two that I have are both tables..copps red a.hyacinthus and the red planet..one that also comes to mind is the one that Hugo(snipersps) has or had..the red unknown acro?

yeah its not a planet....or any table. The best description i can give is a ORA frogskin but red with darker red tips....like a male dogs tube of lipstick...if you know what i mean....LOL

i wonder if he's talking about the pink panther acro LA used to have from time to time

i have looked through thousand of picture on google, RC, DD, and tons of other site searching for this coral.... my next stop is going to be the ocean!!

Did you try contacting liveaquaria?

yeah they are no help....really good quality and good customer service but horrible at helping find something thats not on the website already!

52ge4k.jpg

looks like this but red...and more spread out branches!!

yes..i remember the abrotanoides that came in wild..and maybe maricultured..but only seen a couple of pics of that species holding its rich color in captivity..beautiful coral though..
AustraliangreenAcroporaAbrotanoides.jpg

Last edited:
yeah they are no help....really good quality and good customer service but horrible at helping find something thats not on the website already!

52ge4k.jpg

looks like this but red...and more spread out branches!!

When you find the one that looks like that but red, please let me know.

Just picked up a frag of something similar to what youre describing, Ill try to find a picture when I get home.

(not my pic nor my colony)

like this one? Supposedly it gets more red rather than pink depending on conditions.

Last edited:
Back