Wierd question

LFS_worker

'ignoramus maximus'
I maintain about 12 tanks with neptunes on them and love them to bits an pieces :D One place has about 6 of them and I would love to find a way to turn off one switch that will turn off all of the equipment I want off, and turn some Items on when needed. In the following program If I turn OFF SHT I want PC1 ON,MJ1 OFF, HOB OFF, HTR OFF, COL OFF, ALM OFF. This way instead of Turning them all off manually I would just turn off SHT and they would all go off.

Thanks in advance

NEPTUNE RULES!!!!!

SHT%-K01 (SHT just means seahorse tank so when ALM triggers I know which tank)
PC1$-A01
MJ1#-A02
HOB#-A03
HTR#-A04
COL%-A06
ALM&-A09

If Time > 08:30 Then PC1 ON
If Time > 21:30 Then PC1 OFF
If Temp > 76.0 Then COL ON
If Temp < 75.5 Then COL OFF
If Temp < 74.0 Then HTR ON
If Temp > 75.5 Then HTR OFF
If Time > 00:00 Then SHT ON
If Time > 00:00 Then MJ1 ON
If Temp > 77.0 Then ALM ON
If Temp < 75.0 Then ALM ON
If Time > 00:00 Then ALM OFF
If Temp > 78.0 Then COL OFF
If Temp < 74.9 Then HTR OFF

Why not use the Feed timers to do this? You have 4 different feed modes that can be programmed separately.

For example, for FeedA:

If FeedA 000 Then SHT OFF
If FeedA 000 Then HOB OFF
If FeedA 000 Then MJ1 ON

So on and so forth. I use FeedA for actual feeding. But i also use FeedB for water changes. Some people use their feeds to do many other things like turn on lights for visitors, or turn off lights for "home theatre" mode. HTH.

You could also wire a switch and add statements to react to the switch states (opened/closed).

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12275623#post12275623 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jansenwrasse
Where do the switches hook up to? Can you do it on one of the 120v plugs?
Sorry to hijack your thread :)

No. You would either need to buy or build an IO breakout box and wire a switch to that. The IO breakout box merely detects continuity and whether or not a circuit is open or closed and reacts according to how you program it. That circuit can be as simple as 2 wires touching each other (which i wouldn't recommend) or by wiring up a very cheap on/off switch that can open/close the circuit.

Back