Wife found me $180 and is regretting it!

snelly98

Yes i am a newbie! So fired it up about 10 weeks ago and I'm in deep! 155 bow, 2 vortech 40, 3 hydra 26, 40 g sump with RO skimmer, gfo filter, UV filter, ato. Already have fish room with 5 stage rodi system, 2 45 brutes for fresh and brew, 55g qt, 20g hospital.

Fish
Yellow tang, blue hippo, 2 swirl clowns, damsel, royal gramma, 2 bangai, 2 firefish, fire shrimp, clean up crew

Coral
Typical starter stuff and, dragon eye acan, 2rbta, 1 sunburst nem, bubble, jawbreaker shroom, red planet, bleeding apple scoly, warpaint scoly, welso, few I don't remember what they are.

Thanks to all for the info that has got me this far this fast. Couldn't have done it without these communities!

Nice dive in, nothing like doing a cannonball, ALL in...

Welcome to Reef Central.

Seems I've read a lot of long timers having complete crashes and losing lots of investment so I guess my thought is what difference does it make between now and then.

Three anemones for a beginner is bold, as well as the two scolys. Not saying it won't "pay off", but be careful and attentive to the needs of what is still a very young tank. I was bold in the beginning as well, except bold for me meant a 30 dollar SPS frag and a sailfin (who's out of the tank now). Success is hard enough to come by in this hobby with a slow and steady approach.

Given that, it sounds like it's already a very beautiful tank, so post some pics already!

Three anemones for a beginner is bold, as well as the two scolys. Not saying it won't "pay off", but be careful and attentive to the needs of what is still a very young tank. I was bold in the beginning as well, except bold for me meant a 30 dollar SPS frag and a sailfin (who's out of the tank now). Success is hard enough to come by in this hobby with a slow and steady approach.

Given that, it sounds like it's already a very beautiful tank, so post some pics already!
Bought a rock w 1 sunburst 1 bta the bta split in 3 a week later. Gave 1 to a friend already after catching trying to find another spot. If I catch another hopefully back down to 2. No turning back. Reading a lot getting lots of advice. Hopefully with some luck and a whole lot of attentiveness I'll be good. Haven't been able to upload picks to this forum yet on other forums I can. Any ideas? Always says upload failed.

Get a photobucket account and upload the pics there. Then copy the IMG link and past it into the forum post here :)

Get a photobucket account and upload the pics there. Then copy the IMG link and past it into the forum post here :)

Yes - Reef Central doesn't host photos itself, so you'll need a cloud service to post links from. Note: pics from tapatalk don't work.

Can't figure the pic thing out yet! Why isn't as easy as r2r or even Chicago reef forums. Do everything from phone and t2t

Back