Wild corals are they hard to keep?

fishdoc11 was that pole with table acros though.. I seem to remember one, could be a different pole. Table success rate is by far the worse.

What some people think is because they put a wild colony in their tank and it lives a few weeks or months that it died because of something else... Allot of wild colonies slowly die. They will look healthy for a few weeks or months and slowly die and some seem to make it almost a year.

Dave

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11705760#post11705760 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by shred5
fishdoc11 was that pole with table acros though.. I seem to remember one, could be a different pole. Table success rate is by far the worse.

What some people think is because they put a wild colony in their tank and it lives a few weeks or months that it died because of something else... Allot of wild colonies slowly die. They will look healthy for a few weeks or months and slowly die and some seem to make it almost a year.

Dave

That would fall into the "type" I mentioned above.

IME wild corals will often times take several months to get adjusted to their new surrroundings.

Chris

i have had good success with wild colonies nothing too bad... i try to get the smaller wild colonies not the real tight one either .... luckily i get mine at the wholesalers in LA so they were only shipped once before reaching my tank maybe thats why i have had some good success with them....

take a look at this desalwii i recieved maybe 4-5 months back it was all pale and now its my most colorful coral in the tank this was a pretty sizeable wild piece and its done just great.... altogether i porbably have about 8 wild pieces ....

td6-1.jpg

and this table i got a small wild piece and its grown alot! i didnt know it was guna be a table when i first purchased it but its done well also

td1-1.jpg

I think if you have a stable tank your chances are just as good as a aquacultured one

Back