Will any nano sized herbivoire touch this stuff?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10041949#post10041949 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reverendmaynard
This may or may not help, but having your fuge "full to the gills" with chaeto is not really doing you much good. It needs room to grow and you need to prune it regularly. The only way that any macro will help with nutrient problems is if you prune it and remove it from the tank. Otherwise it keeps recycling the same nutrients over and over, with newer growth uptaking and older growth dying off and releasing the nutrients back.

Good point I have let my fuge go. What percentage of the chaeto should I prune in order to make it effective?

I am not familiar with what it is but it looks like a beneficial macro algae to me. Unless it is just taking over I would just prune it and let it go. Some of the pictures were quite attractive.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10045693#post10045693 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 10" Red Devil
Good point I have let my fuge go. What percentage of the chaeto should I prune in order to make it effective?

I like to prune it down to about 1/3 of the fuge volume, let it grow to about 2/3, rinse and repeat.:D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10048904#post10048904 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reverendmaynard
I like to prune it down to about 1/3 of the fuge volume, let it grow to about 2/3, rinse and repeat.:D

Thanks.

Have you tried urchins or saltwater acclimated mollies? I hear they are good at eating algae. I have some in my tank but they don't have any algae to eat. I also hear they are bullies, but I don't have any other fish so I can't say anything about that.....

you neeed to get toyrself a tunze 6045 pump. It will definently take care of that little problem. It is all about flow with algae.

Back