will this acro "color up"?

dmilne85

so i decided to give a aquacultured brown acropora a shot since it was being sold at a good price. its about 4 inches tall by 3 inches wide. my question is will it color up or is it destined to be a brown coral... im not to sure what kind of acro yet... mabye a table. ill try to post a pic of it soon. anyone have success stories of buying brown corals and them coloring up very nice? id like to see some pics!

clkwrk

Depends on lighting , water quality , flow and placement. If everything is good then yes . How quick I can't say some will comeback quick and some may take a long time.

dmilne85

sorry i didnt specify everything else, but asumming all the other parimeter are in check and other corals are holding colors well. i guess i will have to wait and see. im mostly curious to see if a lot of people have bought brown corals(b/c u can get them cheap) in hopes of them coloring up.

clkwrk

I have never had a problem coloring up most brown outs and if the brown coral has cool growth form then I am all for nursing it back .

GMAX

I have seen brown colored coral transform pretty quickly if they get into super clean water with chaotic flow and good lighting. Some hints of color within days and new color visible on new growth within weeks. Now an nearly dead coral may spend most of its energy trying to get healthy and take much longer. Good luck. Post some pics and then come back and show us an update within a few weeks.

duec22

As someone once told me...no body maricultures or aquacultures brown acros..no money in it..so I think you have a good chance of it coloring back up...just give it time.