Will this fixture run a MH bulb????

bobbyblank

There is a HUGE pile of these light fixtures at my yard at work. I know they came out of a home depot, they we dragged them to our yard. I was told it was because they cannot be thrown away, im guessing for environmental reasons i dunno. Im no light expert, but it looks like these could be used to run MH bulbs up to 400w. The ugly grey thing is a magnetic ballast attached to fixture, they have stickers on the ballasts, but they are faded and not readable. I know they worked when we aquired them and im pretty sure they run off 110v. Just thought maybe they would work for a "joe-magee" MH setup until i could afford nice set :lol:. Well if any light experts know if they would work or what i could sell a few for, let me know.

DSC02481.jpg

DSC02486.jpg

Without seeing the lights, it is hard to tell what they are.

In any case, they are not likely 120V. If they were parking lot fixtures, they are likely 400W or 1000W halide or sodium lamps with 277V or 480V

They COULD be multitap ballast that will run at 120V.... you will need to find some part numbers, a manufacturers name, etc.

there are no bulbs, they were removed when lights were taken down. All the info i can get are on the 2 stickers that are on the fixture. The one on the ballasts is not really readable.

pic of what? the ballast label? Of the print that hasent been bleached out by the sun and ripped off, the print is to small to be ledgible on cam

If the label can't be read, I wouldn't recommended using the ballasts. The bulbs must be matched to the ballast for basic safety.

Back