wisdom teeth

generally a month...you should be good by May :)

kidding, mine was discomfort for a solid week on and off....nothing after that though.

my right upper side got infected, so it hurt for a good month. The rest about 2 weeks. I think age plays a role in recovery time, but 1-2 weeks is what most people I know have taken. They give you pain meds? Were they impacted? good luck, and hope you feel better soon..

Oh and have fun with the holes (stay away from rice!!)!

It really depends on how well the oral surgeon performs if you ask me. I had pain for 1 day, and aside from not being able to eat what I wanted it wasn't so bad. Friends of mine had them out and were in pain for 1-2 weeks...

Do yourself a favor and LOAD UP on ibuprophen, ESPECIALLY if you're swelling. Swelling is the most common pain-cause with wisdom teeth. Colntrol swelling and you can usually control the pain.

Good luck and enjoy the jello :)

Ya, it really depends. If you're still bleeding and in pain, you may have "dry sockets", which is basically when the clot either doesn't form or comes out of the tooth hole and won't heal. If you do, you should go back to your dentist (it's pretty common).

To give you an example, I had mine out 2 years ago, with one that was impacted and had a pretty bad cavity (skin flap covered it partially, so food got stuck under it). When they did mine, they just numbed with with a ton of Novocaine and I was numb for the rest of the day. The next day, I was eating solid food without a problem (no dry sockets for me :) )

if you are a smoker...Do Not Smoke! or you will end up with dry sockets. I suffered that once...worse pain than a badly decayed tooth that needs to be pulled!!! Horrible! Hope you are feeling better soon!

I had three impacted. I have been taking lortab and ibuprofen regularly around the clock. the swelling seems to have finally gone down, but then I end up sleeping and waking back up in pain.

My oral surgeon had all 4 of mine out in less than 15 minutes, I made him give be laughing gas. Also sent me home with 10/3.25 Vicodin-Norco. Was better in 3 days.

I had mine out a few years ago and it only took me 2-3 days to be eating solid food. All 4 of mine were impacted. On a side note with the lots of ibuprofen try to eat something when you take it. It will give you an ulcer if you are taking a lot. Good luck hope you are feeling better soon.

feels somewhat better today, but I took 600 ibuprofen and 5/500 lortab. still awake. usually puts me to sleep and then the pain starts all over again when I wake up.

Back