World's largest ocean preserve

mhurley

RC Staff
Staff member
Admin
Hi all...Feel free to discuss this preserve, but let's keep it a non-policital discussion. We've already closed a number of these threads because people could not keep from injecting policital commentary into it.

Just a friendly reminder....:D

Thanks.

Mr James

Premium Member
I don't understand where the politcal stuff comes in?!? But I read that and thought it was great!! I don't think I'll ever get there, but it's fun to dream. I wonder if yoiu can drive your yacht right up to thos islands or do you need a special permit?? In Yellowstone, you can drive your RV through.

floridareefs

For the record! I was not being political. I was just saying it was something positive from George Bush amognst all the negetive stuff happening lately. Its great to see he has set aside some protected preserves. Hopefully it will be a great outcome for all involved.

<a href=showthread.php?
s=&postid=7625948#post7625948 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mr James

I don't understand where the politcal stuff comes in?!? But I read that and thought it was great!! I don't think I'll ever get there, but it's fun to dream. I wonder if yoiu can drive your yacht right up to thos islands or do you need a special permit?? In Yellowstone, you can drive your RV through.

sea devil

Don't know about a permit, it is likely though, espcially with the Gov't involved. You can bet there will be restrictions on collecting, catching or even touching, like in most of the other preserves in the world.

Mr James

Premium Member
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7630666#post7630666 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by floridareefs
For the record! I was not being political.

They get real nutty when anything political is mentioned. I saw this in the news and wondered how it would go over around here. Threads being closed answered my question. As wonderful as it is, it's best we pretend not to notice or simply ask them how we can talk about it so as not to offend.

sea devil

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7600356#post7600356 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mhurley
Hi all...Feel free to discuss this preserve, but let's keep it a non-policital discussion. We've already closed a number of these threads because people could not keep from injecting policital commentary into it.

Just a friendly reminder....:D

Thanks.

This is how we discuss it. "The Mods" have already spoken.