Would this work for a fuge?

FsuNole

My sump is built for what was going to be a protein skimmer, but I'm concerned now that I won't have the clearance due to the plumbing going from the return. I'm not exactly sure of how much front to back room I'd have or if the pipe would get in the way. (I need to measure I know...)

But it had crossed my mind of turning my sump into a fuge and skipping the skimmer. I'm doing a LRWFO tank. The first section I have goes through the rubble then it goes over the bubble trap. I'm wondering if I can put some cheato in here with a light? I'd really like a mandy and I know that's really the best way to have one. Also what kind of light would I need for this? Can I get a cheap one?

Oh and ignore the wash cloth... It's there to muffle the drain into the filter sock. Honestly the best way I've found, lol.

I would rework the return plumbing to give you more room, but if you do decide to go skimmerless use a 16 Watt compact fluorescent flood light 5400K available at any hardware store for your refugium light.

Back