Wow, just way over dosed

hkgar

My vinegar/vodka mix (70/30). When I was checking the flow on my BRS pump and had it on rather than auto on the APEX I forgot to turn the control back to auto.

I dosed 1000 ml in approximately 8 hours. I have one heck of an algae bloom and the skimmer is working overtime. Everything seems to be doing just fine and the good news is nitrates are now down to 0. I have upped my AWC from 4 to 10 gallons a day.

I should have listened to Aaron Rodgers - check, check double check.

When everything settles down where should I restart the dosing level? I was dosing 32 ml per day. Anything I should look for or be concerned about?

Oh and this occurred during a 3 day black out for cyano control.

You're likely to get white slime in abundance: as with most disasters, a program of water changes, 30% on day one, skip a day: 20%, skip a day; 20% skip a day, and I'd restart only once the tank has calmed down.
Wait, however, for more than one opinion.

+1 to SK8r. I'd do a bit of water change, and when you're removing the water it would be helpful to try to remove some of the slimy bacteria that is inevitably going to be all over everything. I'd also wait until things calm down before starting dosing again. either until the slime has all been removed and not growing back, or when your nitrates start to climb.

The slim is primarily in the sump and the Gyres in the main tank. The cloudy water is beginning to clear up.

Everything is crystal clear as if nothing ever happened. Nitrates are back to 2-3 already. Restarted dosing and checked, and recheck auto function is set

Back