wow!

litenyaup

Moved On
i just got a bunch new zoas and they are amazing!! i got bam bams, tub blues, eagle eye, and armor of gods. they are so nice!

Re: wow!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14760996#post14760996 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by litenyaup
i just got a bunch new zoas and they are amazing!! i got bam bams, tub blues, eagle eye, and armor of gods. they are so nice!

He purchased some new corals, he's sharing his excitement, he has 52 post, he joined RC less than 9 months ago, he's 26 years old, he's a fireman, in all places, HOT Florida, he's obviously new and excited about possibly his first polyps ..........and he gets slammed because he doesn't have a picture? Come on people !! Now stop and think for a second.............now let it marinate a few more seconds..................just a little bit longer.............ok...........now are the pictures that important? People we can't keep doing this. Maybe he doesn't own a camera, so do we tell him, "your thread isn't important without pictures". How many others are reading this and may want to share or ask a question, but heaven forbid they don't have a camera, do you think they are going to say anything now? No, they don't want to be hit with a right hook because they don't have a camera. It's little things like this that run many people away and we have to stop this. We can't continue to do this. We were all newbies at some point and we want to draw people, not repel them. No offense guys, my sincere apologies and I don't mean to sound like a heavy and I mean absolutely no harm here but can we cut him just a little slack. I found all of the above info on this guy with a 5 second peek at his profile before I replied. If you want to see pics, just politely ask him.

litenyaup, I'm happy for you my friend. How many polyps did you get? Where did you place them in your tank? Tell us about your system? If you have a camera, share a picture or two along with some details, if you don't have one, no problem, I don't have one either LOL. Welcome to the zoanthid forum and don't hesitate to share, ask questions and just get involved.

Mucho Reef

Last edited:
Thanks, Mucho. I'm a relative newcomer to reefkeeping and online forums and it really is nice to have you stick up for us newbies. Reef Central and other sites will be a less interesting and less fun if you scare the newbies away. Besides, who will you pros have to teach and pass on your accumulated wisdom to if we stay away? Who will be left to look up to you??

I agree with you mucho. We shouldn't try to 'repel' or scare away newbies. I consider myself a newbie in many, many categories as well, and will for a long time to come.

However, my post was meant to be more of a 'kidding'..... 'let's have fun' type of post. It's often tough to tell tone (among other things) on the internet. I've seen that post many times (actually, with a picture of people holding up signs, each with one word of that sentence..) it was meant in that light..
I certainly don't consider my orig post to be a 'right hook' by any means though. ;)

he's sharing his excitement, he has 52 post, he joined RC less than 9 months ago I miss those days.. congrats hope you post pics sometime and continue and don't lose the excitement. Don't let this bring you down.:thumbsup:

(actually, with a picture of people holding up signs, each with one word of that sentence..) seen this so many times, most of the time its meant between friends or folks that know each other... but I know what you were trying to do was just be funny. no harm no foul I hope.

E.intheC wrote, "I agree with you mucho. We shouldn't try to 'repel' or scare away newbies. I consider myself a newbie in many, many categories as well, and will for a long time to come.

However, my post was meant to be more of a 'kidding'..... 'let's have fun' type of post. It's often tough to tell tone (among other things) on the internet. I've seen that post many times (actually, with a picture of people holding up signs, each with one word of that sentence..) it was meant in that light..
I certainly don't consider my orig post to be a 'right hook' by any means though. "

Hey thanks, I meant no harm and yes I have seen that sign with people saying that as well. Some newbies have told me it is offensive and they are often afraid to speak up for fear of being hit again.

My apologies to you sir, I'm in no way saying you're a bad guy and if anyone drew that conclusion, then I owe you a public apology E.intheC. Maybe not a right hook, but I felt it was a stiff jab :) :) Maybe a smiley face after it would have help just a teenie bit, LOL. Thanks again for your response my friend.

Mucho Reef

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14783096#post14783096 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MUCHO REEF
Some newbies have told me it is offensive and they are often afraid to speak up for fear of being hit again.

My apologies to you sir, I'm in no way saying you're a bad guy and if anyone drew that conclusion, then I owe you a public apology E.intheC. Maybe not a right hook, but I felt it was a stiff jab :) :) Maybe a smiley face after it would have help just a teenie bit, LOL. Thanks again for your response my friend.

Mucho Reef

:beer: No need to apologize. I agree, a smiley would help, for sure.

I had no idea people have found that pic to be offensive. Noted for future posting. And there's definitely nothing wrong with being a newbie.. nothing at all. Just for fun, I had a 10 gallon tank with 3 Baby Pacus in it for my first tank. LOL.. how much bashing I would have gotten had I posted that in the FW forums, :rollface: but you live and learn.

Side note: I'm suprised no one has commented (in a negative way) about my avatar. haha.. (It's an absenthe reference..)

That's what I like about this forum you guys are all very helpful and really go out of your way to make everyone feel comfortable and successful in this hobby.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14798584#post14798584 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by juancho24
That's what I like about this forum you guys are all very helpful and really go out of your way to make everyone feel comfortable and successful in this hobby.

It's a great forum with tons of great people. Don't be afraid to get involved, share and ask questions juancho24. People like you are the future of reefing as we know it.

Mucho

Re: Re: wow!

Re: Re: wow!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14782925#post14782925 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MUCHO REEF
He purchased some new corals, he's sharing his excitement, he has 52 post, he joined RC less than 9 months ago, he's 26 years old, he's a fireman, in all places, HOT Florida, he's obviously new and excited about possibly his first polyps ..........and he gets slammed because he doesn't have a picture? Come on people !! Now stop and think for a second.............now let it marinate a few more seconds..................just a little bit longer.............ok...........now are the pictures that important? People we can't keep doing this. Maybe he doesn't own a camera, so do we tell him, "your thread isn't important without pictures". How many others are reading this and may want to share or ask a question, but heaven forbid they don't have a camera, do you think they are going to say anything now? No, they don't want to be hit with a right hook because they don't have a camera. It's little things like this that run many people away and we have to stop this. We can't continue to do this. We were all newbies at some point and we want to draw people, not repel them. No offense guys, my sincere apologies and I don't mean to sound like a heavy and I mean absolutely no harm here but can we cut him just a little slack. I found all of the above info on this guy with a 5 second peek at his profile before I replied. If you want to see pics, just politely ask him.

litenyaup, I'm happy for you my friend. How many polyps did you get? Where did you place them in your tank? Tell us about your system? If you have a camera, share a picture or two along with some details, if you don't have one, no problem, I don't have one either LOL. Welcome to the zoanthid forum and don't hesitate to share, ask questions and just get involved.

Mucho Reef

Exactly! I just got some sweet zoas yesterday too. Have no idea what they are called, never seen them before and got a smoking deal. Will post some pics when i get a camera that shoots through glass.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14798830#post14798830 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 650-IS350
I actually like your avatar... some people actually didn't like mine. LOL

Is that your picture in the avatar 650? If so, you don't look GANGSTA. You look like my accountant:D :D :D

Back