WP-10 too much for a 13G?

Now that I ordered my new tank (Fluval Evo 13.5) I am looking at the different options for water flow. Anyone out there running a Jebao WP-10 wavemaker in a 8-15G tank? or would it be too much.

im kinda wondering the same thing, i have a 15 gallon, and its a tall kind, not the traditional shape/size. And was wondering what kind of powerhead would be best to have some flow, but not be a hurricane going on in the tank lol

I have a Vortech MP-10qd in my 10g and it can be dialed back enough to make it work great. Not sure about the different strength levels of the Jebao but I would guess it will be fine. Just make sure that if you turn it on a "random" mode, that you can limit the max power at peak.

It might be too much; the -8 and -4 are more common on nanos. You could buy a different power adapter that outputs at 12V instead of the 24V power supply that comes with the pump.

I am going with the Jebao pp4, and I upgraded to a Nuvo Fusion 20 tank. The Fluval chipped during the water test.
I'll be posting the progression of my new build.
:rollface:

I had a tunze 6045 as well as a jebao wp10 in my 5 gallon both running pretty much full tilt
Isn't a 6045 a pretty powerful pump? I'd think a 5 gallon tank would look like a snow globe. Did you have to use the vanes to restrict the output all the way?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Isn't a 6045 a pretty powerful pump? I'd think a 5 gallon tank would look like a snow globe. did you have to use the vanes to restrict the output all the way?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

My bad just checked. .. it was a 6025 (I own one of each) and it was modded with 50% of the plastic shroud removed... along with the wp10... and no snow globe action. ..with enough coral in there the sand don't move. ..

Back