WP25 Glass thickness

79chopperdr

I killed ALL that Coral!
Anyone out there that can tell me how thick of glass a wp 25 can be used on? I have a 210 with 3/4 glass and I'm looking for a powerhead to fit in a tight spot.

Thanks.

I think .5" is max for the magnets. I wouldn't use it in your situation. The pumps lose a lot of power just 20 days in a tank, feels like at least half. Fortunately you can scale up power with a dimmer if your controller lasts.

I would just get a Tunze since they do offer a higher power magnet upgrade. You maybe able to use that upgrade on the WP25 as well.

Get one Jeff! Just got a wp 25 yesterday. Its quite a pump, knocked some glued frags down in my 40B on max power, and blew out a lot of crap from my rocks the koralias couldn't touch. I cant speak on the reliability yet, but its very quite.

theyre not entirely held on by the magnets anyways. They also use suction to hold the pumps on. I have knocked off the magnet on mine a few times and the pumps stayed put.

Yeah I have three wp40s and think they are great. I was just curious how it will hold on the thick glass.

I actually had one and let it go with my old setup

yes, they kinda combine both suction and magnet before.. i always remove my magnets to clean the glass and the pump simply stays on.. i of course turn it off first in any case it decides to drop.

I think .5" is max for the magnets. I wouldn't use it in your situation. The pumps lose a lot of power just 20 days in a tank, feels like at least half. Fortunately you can scale up power with a dimmer if your controller lasts.

I would just get a Tunze since they do offer a higher power magnet upgrade. You maybe able to use that upgrade on the WP25 as well.

Cleaning the pump will stop any loss of power that you experience within 20 days. especially if youve lost half the power...

and you can only ramp the power down with a dimmer, not up.

Im not sure of the max thickness of the glass, but a stronger outside magnet should be sufficient to get it to pull through larger glass/acrylic,

Cleaning the pump will stop any loss of power that you experience within 20 days. especially if youve lost half the power...

Im not sure of the max thickness of the glass, but a stronger outside magnet should be sufficient to get it to pull through larger glass/acrylic,

Agreed. The tolerances are pretty tight and they require a more frequent cleaning than most.

No, you start at 50% and then ramp up as time passes.

However, I experienced a controller failure and I'm pretty sure it's from running a dimmer.

With the second generation controller you can increase power with the "mode" each setting has different strengths of flow & you can also use the "dial" to play with the force of the flow, very cool pumps

With the second generation controller you can increase power with the "mode" each setting has different strengths of flow & you can also use the "dial" to play with the force of the flow, very cool pumps

Power control only works in one of the wave modes

Back