Wp40

_shorty_

FYI, my WP40 'went out' after .. maybe 6 months. It is about one fourth (or less) as powerful at highest output as it started out to be. HOPEFULLY it is just a lemon. They are sending me a new one for cost of shipping ($25). So, we'll see if the first was just a lemon or not.

I will note that I'd been running W1 setting for several months - which is probably the roughest on the pump...

I also might try to take the old one apart to see if I can figure out why it is failing. It's not a supply voltage thing - it's getting full 24V to the pump on highest output control setting. I doubt windings are burning up (but maybe they are). Maybe water is getting in... I don't know.

I posted in general forum and I had one or two others with multiple pumps saying the older is not quite as powerful as thier newest one. So HOPEFULLY, that's not a trend. It'd be nice to get at least 2 years out of these pumps...

Did you have it shipped from China? In the future, there is an ebay seller called JebaoUS who handles a lot of the equipment and would probably help you out with an exchange so you don't have to deal with international shipping.

I'll check them out. Ya, I didn't have to exchange. They are just sending a new one, which is nice.

Yeah, this is why I didn't want to get one. Always like to hear how things stand up to time before I get something, but I'll be interested to see if the new pump will be different.

I was running my wp25 on W1 for a while, but switched to ELSE mode because I had read where others were having the same issues. ELSE mode should not be as hard on the pump as W1 is, i would guess.

This time around, I was planning to use one of the other settings. I just thought the wave motion was cool.. and liked seeing things 'bounce' in the flow. What exactly is ELSE mode? Hopefully this new one comes with a manual... last one didn't.

Hmmm... That sucks. How old? Did you run on W1, or something else? I figured $25 for a new one is worth trying out. We'll see in another 6 months, I guess.

I'll post if I figure anything out when I take the old one apart.

After about 5 months use, my wp25 went out sometime last night. I was running ELSE mode for the last three months. Not sure I want to even mess with trying to get another to replace it. Seems like it's a common problem now with these pumps for them to only run for several months.

After about 5 months use, my wp25 went out sometime last night. I was running ELSE mode for the last three months. Not sure I want to even mess with trying to get another to replace it. Seems like it's a common problem now with these pumps for them to only run for several months.

Eric, It went out completely? Did you check voltage out of the controller?

I won't get another... the 'replacement' that they sent for the full $25 shipping rate was only the back half of the pump (the motor part). Sure, that's fair, but I was still a little disappointed. No other parts were included.

Yeah, I get power to the motor, but still doesn't do anything. I'm looking for a replacement now. Thinking I'm just gonna run my koralia for a while until I get around to upgrading my tank and can afford a controllable Tunze or Vortech. I'm leaning more towards a Tunze though, because you can direct the flow.

well i bought a couple of these things. i am going to try them. i need a little more flow in my tank and really could not beat the price. i have had no luck with koralia anyway i have had 3 and all of them are junk. I figure i could buy two of these for half of one vortech. i have three mp40 vortechs now and they are just too loud. One is insane loud i can hear it in my living room when watching tv and the tank is in the basement.

I've been reading review after review of the Vortechs and the noise seems to be a huge problem with a lot of their powerheads. Another reason why I think I'm going to go with a Tunze, if/when I ever get around to building my new tank and have a need to upgrade my equipment.

I was very happy with my wp25 for the short time that it worked for me. I would just expect more than 5-6 months of run time from a pump, even if it is a cheap Asian knockoff product.

well i bought a couple of these things. i am going to try them. i need a little more flow in my tank and really could not beat the price. i have had no luck with koralia anyway i have had 3 and all of them are junk. I figure i could buy two of these for half of one vortech. i have three mp40 vortechs now and they are just too loud. One is insane loud i can hear it in my living room when watching tv and the tank is in the basement.

You can replace the bearings to make them dead quiet again. Very easy from what I hear and have seen.

Yeah Vortechs are known for needing bearing replacements which really blows on such a high priced product.

Get the WP from a decent seller and they should cover the warranty themselves. Fish Street may be full of broken english but they will cover warranty and sell cheap replacement parts also if needed.

I got a replacement motor drive - but it cost me $25 shipping!! I personally won't buy another WP.. I'll do my research and get a decent one like emath is suggesting.

I bought my wp25 in a group buy, so I'm out of luck when it comes to returning it or getting a replacement for it. Not sure if it would be worth it anyway, even for just the cost of shipping, if it'll only work for another 5 months.

You can replace the bearings to make them dead quiet again. Very easy from what I hear and have seen.

yes i know. i just have to figure out if it is the wet side or the dry side. i used to have a link to the dry side bearings but lost it. and i have a rebuild kit for the wet side i just need to get it out and fix it. i am hoping it is the wet side.

Back