Writing a paper about propagation and aquaculture

A Reef Scene

Writing a reserch paper about propagation. Are there any professionals in the aquaculture field on Reef Central? I would like to ask ?s for my paper, and site them on the paper.

There was a good article in freshwater and marine fish mag as well as one in coral to take a lookn at 4 your paper.

You might also try to contact Anthony Calfo with your questions or read his book or download on of the meny podcast of his speaking engagments

Re: Writing a paper about propagation and aquaculture

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14756920#post14756920 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by A Reef Scene
Writing a reserch paper about propagation. Are there any professionals in the aquaculture field on Reef Central? I would like to ask ?s for my paper, and site them on the paper.

I know this is just a forum, but could you please at least use spell check on your message?

I really wouldn't even mention this except for the fact that you are: a) writing a research paper, and b) asking for professionals to provide you with information and part with their time. Given the nature of your request, I think it is only appropriate that you present it in a more proper manner.

"reserch" = research
"?s" = questions
"site" = cite

Maybe I'm just being a bit overboard with my request, but I really feel like we (as the general population of the world) need to start asking that everyone at least attempt to better themselves and the content/opinions/information they publish to the world.

This is kinda perpetuating the tangent but I have always assumed that everyones browser has a spell check built in.

Is spell check really that big of a deal? Give the kid a break. You would have to be a total d-bag to get offended by a few mispelled words. What kind of business owner would deny a student an interview because he couldn't spell correctly, that seems a bit ridiculous.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14815056#post14815056 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Carlton'sTank
Is spell check really that big of a deal? Give the kid a break. You would have to be a total d-bag to get offended by a few mispelled words. What kind of business owner would deny a student an interview because he couldn't spell correctly, that seems a bit ridiculous.

AGREED LOL, ROTFL.... ANY ?'S!??!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14815056#post14815056 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Carlton'sTank

I'm not saying that everyone would definitely refuse to give the OP an interview, but some probably would base their decision of how best to use their time on something such as the presentation of the requester. Besides, my point wasn't just that the OP should use correct spelling and grammar to get an interview, but that it should be used because that is what is correct. I know I only have so much time in a day, none of which is available to be wasted. I felt replying to this post was an appropriate use of my time to educate the OP on how to properly request information from a professional.

leezer you need to chill about the spelling. I'm more for getting the point across, not the spelling. Some people would not ask for help because of that kind of response. Just sit back and enjoy this ride call life and forget the small stuff.

I'm a little sad to see that you care so little about how you present yourself to the world that taking an extra 15 seconds out of your life to spell check a post is asking too much from you. If you were meeting with a business owner in person to ask for this information would you not bother to take a shower, dress neatly, brush your teeth, or comb your hair? It appears as though you probably wouldn't.

My apologies for not forgetting the small stuff. Maybe we should continue on this path until we return to primitive grunting as our primary form of communication.

I wish I had the time like you to do this, but I don't. With a full time job, full time school , a sick wife, and two kids, I have to pick what is most imoprtant to me. Sorry if my poor spelling offended anyone here, just not high on my list, for this time and place.

Hey A Reef Scene, did anyone help you out? Ill apologize for Leezer, his mission is noble but his method for getting his point across is misguided. If anyone has seen the movie "Idiocracy" you will know what I am talking about. We do have to focus more on basic education and spelling is important.

Man idiocracy is seriously one the worst/best movies ever made. Its like a 2 hour train wreck. I agree give the kid a break...

Back