WTA : Discussion about my Skimmer And Lighting

Regal

Hi, i want ur opinion. My tank is about 600 lt and it's a full blown LPS, lots of zoas and mushroom, euphylia, goniopora but not even single SPS. My skimmer capacity is also for 600 lt. I have an idea to upgrade my skimmer to about 1500 lt capacity. But before i do an upgrade i need an opinion from fellow here because i've read from some good author book that for LPS tank it isnt good to overskim the tank as in SPS tank. They said there are still do not know why, but it seem LPS seem more flourish and better in a bit of NO3 and detritus. Right know my tank is in good condition, and all LPS are growing and flourish, so is it need for me to upgrade the skimmer?

As for lighting : I want to change my HO bulb to ATI PRO, it is purplish/pink color. It is said that this bulb will give a brilliant color to red color of the coral and fish. I read that red/pink/purplish color are useless in marine tank instead for algae and color enhancement, but is this term also valid for ATI bulb, i mean even ATI bulb also useless instead for giving color enhancement only in marine tank?
If there so, then will it be the same if i use a fresh water pink/red/purplish bulb just to increase red color of my fish/coral? Because ATI bulb are expensive and there are a lot freshwater pink color bulb in the market and they are cheap.

Thank you very much.

Back