WTB: 100g+ glass tank

S Helinski

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to purchase a 100 gallon or larger aquarium to store RO water. Tank can be all scratched up, but cannot leak. Can be reef ready or standard.

Please let me know what you have available, even if less than 100g.

Thanks,

Steve

Because plastics, even polypropelene will leech toxic chemicals into the water. And I cannot sterilize the water with ozone if the container is made of plastic... But, that container might work well to store RO waste water to water plants and such...

I believe those tanks are food grade so IMO they should be OK. I never have had any problems with mine. I Have been using a 20L to mix salt in for the last 6 months or so and have noticed alot of reisdue on the glass after a month or so. I am currently using a 20 gallon food grade rubbermade tote for RO water and again have not noticed any problems. I clean the salt mixing tank monthly and the RO tote every three months.

It's only 35 gallons. Right now it's sitting on the side of my house. If you want it you are more than welcome to it. The only thing it needs is a bulkhead.

Thanks Ben, but I would probably need a much larger one to store waste water.

Thanks Rafa67, but Id like to get something much larger...

Anyone have a 120 lying around?? Even the stores, do any of you guys have an old beat up tank sitting around???

Back