WTB: 48" Light fixture or two matching 20-24" fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.

gveng

looking for an affordable 48" light fixture or two 20-24"matching light fixtures that will be used for LPS and soft corals.

post, pm, or call/text me

Gene

NVTE

I have 3 fixtures of 48" ATI Powermodule HO T5 4x54W bulb. LMK if you are interested in them.

gveng

WTB: 2 Metal Halides 150-250W

WTB: 2 Metal Halides 150-250W

also looking for either 150w, 175w or 250w metal halides

King Nikon

Go LED! That's what I'm doing for my new tank! It's way easier to put them together than you think, rapidled sells entire kits at great prices.

gveng

I have 3 fixtures of 48" ATI Powermodule HO T5 4x54W bulb. LMK if you are interested in them.

a little out of my price range.

Go LED! That's what I'm doing for my new tank! It's way easier to put them together than you think, rapidled sells entire kits at great prices.

i'll wait until LED prices drop before i even consider them. not worth the price if you ask me.

King Nikon

It's so much cheaper to run than halides, and it's almost the same price as T5's + bulbs. You gotta think LEDs last years.

gveng

PM sent re:T5 fixture Gene.

replied, very interested!

It's so much cheaper to run than halides, and it's almost the same price as T5's + bulbs. You gotta think LEDs last years.

it is all relative...

i will never keep SPS corals. so realistically two 150-175w metal halides would work on a 48" long tank with supplement actinic lighting or i can just run the same metal halides with 20k radium bulbs and i won't need supplements. Metal halide light fixtures are super cheap right now (~$100.00) and so are the bulbs (~$40.00). Now, factor in a decent dimmable (it has to be dimmable because at 100% they are way too bright) LED light fixture that would work for a 48" go for $600-800.00. And LEDs are still somewhat unproven technology when it comes to coral health (bleaching) and how long the LEDs really last.

yes, heat is an issue, but the power savings 120w (LED) vs. 300-350w (MH) is very little, i think i calculated it around ~$20.00 per month depending on my light cycle. which would mean that even with changing the MH bulbs every year, i would need to run the LEDs for at least 2-3 year to get my money back. Not worth it to me.

just my opinion and i'm not trying to turn this into an argument, especially since i'm contemplating going t5.

Last edited:

King Nikon

Not a fan of halides, they use too much energy. I've got 4 24" T5's over my 25 gallon tank as Blue+ Aquablue Ati Purple+ Blue+, my SPS softies Zoas and mushrooms grow like crazy, and SPS I have has nearly doubled in size and they are about a month old. You'll be happy with all T5's.

Not to mention my power bill is less than $50 a month.

tymux

Sorry but your post has been removed. Selling and trading here on Reef Central is reserved for those who have contributed at least 50 posts and 90 days of membership. You may consult this sticky for more information: [selling]. Thank you for your cooperation.

-Dino
RC MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

gveng

i probably should have updated this, but i already found a fixture

thanks anyways.

mods please close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.