WTB: Baby Arowana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arowana is freshwater fish. go to those Asian store. they have Silver, Australian for cheap.

Arowana is freshwater fish. go to those Asian store. they have Silver, Australian for cheap.

hehe yeah the arowanna is for my FW tank. I went to a few asian lfs in the area but only to find big ones. 2 of the 3 said they are out of season so they dont have any small ones. So i wanted to see any of you fellow reefers may have spotted a place or knows someone that knows somesone?

OCAquatic in Huntington Beach has big Silver Arowana (20") and 6-7" Austrilian One with Red tailed.

petsupreme in foothill (san fernando valley) has some the size you want. I was there last week.

If I remember correctly, baby Silver Arowanas usually become available towards the beginning of the year (Jan/Feb), but this was years ago. I would've thought that captive breeding would alter this cycle and they would be available year round by now... guess not.

do they breed they...? that must be pretty dope...

check carson tropical fish in hawaiian gardens... they always have small jardinii... i remember hacienda tropical fish used to have small 5" silver arowanas for 6 bucks back in the day... epic...

get an arapaima gigas instead...

LOL...

+1 for 405 tropical. Every time I go there they have arows of all shapes and sizes.

+1 for 405 tropical. Every time I go there they have arows of all shapes and sizes.

+2. good looking ones too. They get their fish orders on monday and Im sure they would place an order for some if they are out. Great place to get healthy fish. Rarely do I have any losses with their fish.

Jesse

i had one a foot plus, this was back in the day. It was my first fish ever. The Reef in Anaheim has a trillion of them. He specializes in freshwater fish. He has them pretty cheap and all different species too.

I had one of these in my 180 freshwater. It got about 20" before I sold it. Awesome fish but still wish I was able to get a snakehead

I was never able to afford an Arapaima but snakeheads were never a problem to get back in the day. Those things are CRAZY and would prefer an A. Gigas over it anyday! At least for short term until it gets too big to keep.

+1 for The Reef in Anaheim. Years ago I bought a 3"-4" baby silver arowana there for $10 and its a healthy 2.5 foot monster now :)

I was never able to afford an Arapaima but snakeheads were never a problem to get back in the day. Those things are CRAZY and would prefer an A. Gigas over it anyday! At least for short term until it gets too big to keep.

i couldn't afford them either... they get way too big... but now i see them for like 50 bucks and tiny.. pretty cool IMO...

i remember this kid named roland had three nice ones in his shop... it was called koi station over on valley...i loved that place... LOL...

Snakeheads were the only thing I ever had a problem getting a hold of. I used to be able to get some cool stuff from some of the lfs around here. Knew the owners pretty well but none would ever try to get one for me

snake heads aren't that common... but any LFS around here can get anything... i've seen some LFS get like............... electric eels and other cool stuffs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back