WTB Bioballs or...

Schplitter

Hi guys,

Anyone have any bio balls laying around they don't need? I think Bioballs are the way to go but I may be wrong.

The original plan was to use a old HOB FW style filter but it turn out I tossed that when I went to SW. If one of those is a better idea I could use one of those maybe.

The other option I was considering were the old school sponge filters powered by an air pump.

This is for a 58 Gal QT tank...

Thanks,

BK

slosrtnick

Hi guys,

Anyone have any bio balls laying around they don't need? I think Bioballs are the way to go but I may be wrong.

The original plan was to use a old HOB FW style filter but it turn out I tossed that when I went to SW. If one of those is a better idea I could use one of those maybe.

The other option I was considering were the old school sponge filters powered by an air pump.

This is for a 58 Gal QT tank...

Thanks,

BK

I have a smallish box of bio balls you can have. I'm in St Charles.

Pm me if you want them
Nick

Schplitter

What are you using the bio balls for/in?
I would use small pieces of rubble instead.

I didn't think live rock or live rock rubble could be used in a QT tank because they can harbor the parasites we are trying to get rid of.

haynesw

Also, calcareous materials are usually avoided in QT in case you need to dose with Cu.

I used to use air-driven sponge filters in hospital tanks but I switched to other methods bc I didn't like the spray coming off the surface of the tank when the bubbles bursted at the water's surface (in my hospital tanks this aerosol usually contained some Cu, prazi, metro, or the likes).

I have some air-driven sponge filters if you'd like them. I also have a HOB power filter that I used for my QT. pm me if you're interested.

Schplitter

I found the HOB I wanted to use originally so I think I'll go with that.

Thanks to everyone for the responses and the offers.